Nebrich-From today's N.Y.Post... | The Boneyard

Nebrich-From today's N.Y.Post...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Fordham is 6-0. Beats Lehigh 52-34. Nebrich is 26 of 36 passing for 384 yards & 4 TDs. He also had 67 yards rushing along with another TD. Fordham had 630 yards of total offense, no turnovers & averaged 7.7 yards per down. Nice days work.

Reaction Score
Fordham is 6-0. Beats Lehigh 52-34. Nebrich is 26 of 36 passing for 384 yards & 4 TDs. He also had 67 yards rushing along with another TD. Fordham had 630 yards of total offense, no turnovers & averaged 7.7 yards per down. Nice days work.

Our best offenses were run by Joe Moorhead

Reaction Score
From the article:

Nebrich, a dangerous dual threat, has transformed the offense, from solid to potent, taking it “through the roof” Ajala said. Lehigh head coach Andy Coen said he’s the best quarterback he’s seen this year and one of the best the coach has seen in eight seasons at Lehigh.
“I’m not surprised,” Fordham head coach Joe Moorehead said. “If you look back at Michael’s track record, I believe he broke [Virginia’s high school record for total yards in a season]. He’s an excellent fit for what we want to get done in our system.”

Reaction Score
"He’s the best [quarterback] I’ve seen in a long time,” Lehigh Head Coach Andy Coen said of Nebrich.

Reaction Score
PGDL played their favorites (donahue over ashiru/vann), and this kid (and many others) payed the price.

If they didn't have prototype bodies, or whatever else they love (no idea how to explain McCombs) they didn't see the field.

Should have had Nebrich playing much more than 2 quarters in 2011.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
PGDL played their favorites (donahue over ashiru/vann), and this kid (and many others) payed the price.

If they didn't have prototype bodies, or whatever else they love (no idea how to explain McCombs) they didn't see the field.

Should have had Nebrich playing much more than 2 quarters in 2011.

McCombs was primarily due to Shoemate's injury (and another item that I cannot state but turned in to quite an ironic twist for P & GDL).

Reaction Score

Also this: "The Rams piled up 630 yards of total offense, ran 82 plays for an average of 7.7 yards, didn’t commit a turnover, converted 11 of 16 third downs and even made good on a fourth down. Nebrich, a dangerous dual threat, has transformed the offense, from solid to potent, taking it “through the roof” Ajala said. Lehigh head coach Andy Coen said he’s the best quarterback he’s seen this year and one of the best the coach has seen in eight seasons at Lehigh."

To be honest, I have no idea how any of this projects. I do know that he wasn't a "prototype" and that GDL diminished his HS career, "all he did in HS was run around and make plays" and that an, obviously, less talented walk-on played ahead of him. I do believe that he wasn't given a chance (AN OCCASIONAL SERIES, CONSISTING OF TWO RUNS AND A RESULTING THIRD AND LONG IS NOT A CHANCE) because of two coaches' slavish devotion to a system that requires "prototypes."

Reaction Score
I thought of this as well but figured it was better to just move on. Now I'm not so sure. Those two old goats should be banned from the State.
Just GDL. We can still use PP for public relations purposes with the snotty CT High School Football Association, whatever it's called.

Reaction Score
As an aside but related:

CTHSFB 2:29pm via Twitter for iPhone
#Florida QB Tyler Murphy of #Wethersfield was sharp again (16-22 for 240 yards and three TDs) in 30-10 win vs #Arkansas. #cthsfb, #ctfb

Every coaching staff misjudges talent... UConn didn't offer Murphy as a QB and was adamant that he was a DB coming out of Wethersfield High. Golden @ Temple said he was a QB and then the Dazzler stole him to Florida. It happens.

Reaction Score
Who were we recruiting for QB at the time Medic, Nebrich?

Reaction Score
Who were we recruiting for QB at the time Medic, Nebrich?

Both were 2010. Murphy committed to Fla in January - Nebrich in June.

Edit: After going back to look both were RE recruits - Murphy was recruited by Cerosimo and Nebrich by... Morehead.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
All I know is 2009 was one of our most potent offensive seasons during our short era in the BCS and we had two 1,000 yard rushers a dynamic wide receiver and QB connection. All during Joe Moorhead's first season as the OC.

I hate Paul Pasqualoni and GDL and I wish on them a painful, irritating STD.

Reaction Score
He didn't look great in the big game. The big spring game. And he wasn't a prototype QB so get over it. Former UConn FB players from 1946 and legendary HS coaches know better. Mike and the Fordham offense are just a walking reminder of the damage that's been done to this program, specifically a decent offense that was close to breaking out of the box RE had it in.

Reaction Score
He didn't look great in the big game. The big spring game. And he wasn't a prototype QB so get over it. Former UConn FB players from 1946 and legendary HS coaches know better. Mike and the Fordham offense are just a walking reminder of the damage that's been done to this program, specifically a decent offense that was close to breaking out of the box RE had it in.
If Edsall had stayed at UCONN, Nebrich would be our starting QB now and would be all conference (whatever conference that might have been). I lost all respect for Paul Pasqualoni as a head coach after 2011, he pissed in the wind all season playing Johnny McEntee, while Nebrich warmed the bench at something like 10th string QB. Yeah I know, I don't know anything, and neither did the posters/couch potatoes who also saw something in the kid that made them say "PLAY HIM DAMMIT". Pasqualoni, like the guy who hired him, never could evaluate talent, even when it stared him in the face. Don't blame Nebrich one bit for transfering the following spring. The kid always reminded me of Matt Grothe before he blew his knee. I wonder how many TV's Burton kicked in that season?

Reaction Score
So everyone believes Nebrich would be a successful FBS QB? Honest question.

I think everyone agrees he didn't get a fair shake from P because he is not a prototype fit for the PGDL failure scheme. Here he may have been another Lorenzen. Lorenzen was very successful.

Reaction Score
QB's improve dramatically with a good or great supporting cast AND the right offense built around the QB's strengths.

Moorhead built the perfect system for Nebrich and it appears that there is talent around him.

Murphy has a supporting cast that is....well....Florida. He obviously has talent but so does Whitmer...would love to see him with Florida.

Pick any QB with GDL teaching his old school, NFL blocking schemes as well as his "offensive" play calling last year...FAIL.

Reaction Score

That's a legit question. Even with his current success it would have taken the right mix in the right system for him to be successful here. Not saying he would be a world-beater, but it seems pretty clear his abilities didn't miraculously appear as soon as he changed jerseys.

Reaction Score
I think everyone agrees he didn't get a fair shake from P because he is not a prototype fit for the PGDL failure scheme. Here he may have been another Lorenzen. Lorenzen was very successful.
I think he had a little more upside than Lorenzen, not a tremendous amount, but some. When Russell Wilson finished his 3rd year at NC State (graduated in three years), Tom O'Brien called every NFL team trying to set up a try out for his former QB, no takers. Yeah only 5'11", very good speed but not blazing. Incredibly, no one wanted him, so having one year of eligibility he enrolled at Wisconsin and finally people began to notice. He was drafted in the 3rd round and the rest is history. It's ironic that both Mike Nebrich and Russell Wilson hold several records in Virginia btw. Wilson was only a 2 star recruit coming out of HS.

Reaction Score

Is that the hurdle? How about would he be a better QB than Johnny Mac and/CW. Zach and Tyler were successful FBS QB's; the bar is not that high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom