ND message board | The Boneyard

ND message board

Reaction Score
I went on it the other day and it seems to me they think they have a Stronger chance at landing Boston then us. They pretty much assume haveing Sam Brunelle commitment and playing with them just a few weeks ago in Under 18 worlds she will get them ALL to follow them. So we’re all doomed!! They pretty much think there going to land every top player ... so basically Geno and company should just stop recruiting and go on the walk on and Juco route. Oh by the way it still cracks me up when they refer us to the “Evil Empire”. Can’t wait for the season to start. Only sad part is I live in Massachusetts and they stopped carrying SNY ixfinity. Will have to find another way to watch my games!! Go Huskies!!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
A couple corrections. It was the Under 17 World Championship, and Brunelle didn’t so much “play with Boston” as watch her play from the bench.....ouch.... :confused:

Reaction Score
Sorry for the mistake on Under 18 ...why didn’t Sam play?? Was she hurt?

Reaction Score
I went on it the other day and it seems to me they think they have a Stronger chance at landing Boston then us. They pretty much assume haveing Sam Brunelle commitment and playing with them just a few weeks ago in Under 18 worlds she will get them ALL to follow them. So we’re all doomed!! They pretty much think there going to land every top player ... so basically Geno and company should just stop recruiting and go on the walk on and Juco route. Oh by the way it still cracks me up when they refer us to the “Evil Empire”. Can’t wait for the season to start. Only sad part is I live in Massachusetts and they stopped carrying SNY ixfinity. Will have to find another way to watch my games!! Go Huskies!!

I have no great love for Notre Dame and was actually banned from that board for my pro UConn comments but beating UConn and winning the NC with a depleted lineup has earned ND the right to crow...........is that highly partisan attitude that much different then what some profess on the BY who assume UConn deserves to get the best of the best recruits year after year? ND clearly has some momentum with a loaded team going forward, now it's up to UConn to reestablish it's dominance on the court and in the recruiting world

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I have no great love for Notre Dame and was actually banned from that board for my pro UConn comments but beating UConn and winning the NC with a depleted lineup has earned ND the right to crow......is that highly partisan attitude that much different then what some profess on the BY who assume UConn deserves to get the best of the best recruits year after year?
Yes!

Reaction Score
Bueckers seems partial to ND in part because of Brunelle, and in part because of their (lucky) success lately. That could lead to Fudd being partial to ND. This trend has gotta end.

Reaction Score
I was on that board long enough to learn that ND fans universally believe that the only reason UConn has won so many NC's is because Geno has had the best players while MM is clearly a better coach (citing head to head record) as she has had to do more with lesser players due to ND's tougher academic standards..............and there is nothing you can do to change that mindset..........believe me I tried..........

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I was on that board long enough to learn that ND fans universally believe that the only reason UConn has won so many NC's is because Geno has had the best players while MM is clearly a better coach (citing head to head record) as she has had to do more with lesser players due to ND's tougher academic standards....and there is nothing you can do to change that mindset.....believe me I tried.....
Yea Muffet is 12 and 35 against Geno so I could definitely see how someone could get that impression. Must be that tougher academics that is getting in the way of reality.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I was on that board long enough to learn that ND fans universally believe that the only reason UConn has won so many NC's is because Geno has had the best players while MM is clearly a better coach (citing head to head record) as she has had to do more with lesser players due to ND's tougher academic standards....and there is nothing you can do to change that mindset.....believe me I tried.....
Well she'll have plenty of chances to prove it. If she can't muster a back to back this year with the talent she has some of the helium in that balloon will leak out for sure. Nevertheless, there are a bunch of coaches on the D1 level I've heard saying, what I believe, to be similar comments. Certainly many people outside of Storrs, lovers of WCBB and not, share that opinion.

Reaction Score
Yea Muffet is 12 and 35 against Geno so I could definitely see how someone could get that impression. Must be that tougher academic that is getting in the way of reality.

true but 14-8 since 2010

Reaction Score
CharlieBB, how can Muffet be 14-8 since 2010 if all time she only has 12 wins? Are Coco's stats off a little bit?

Reaction Score
CharlieBB, how can Muffet be 14-8 since 2010 if all time she only has 12 wins? Are Coco's stats off a little bit?

14-8 UConn............the ND fans view that as a great stat and it is if you consider UConn's won loss record against most other teams..........perhaps our ND friends might like to defend their position...........

Reaction Score
Thanx for the info. Assumed you were still referring to Muffet.

Reaction Score
This man gets it. I can't understand for the life of me why someone would peruse a message board of a school that they don't root for.

:p:D:eek::rolleyes::oops:;)

glad we're all in agreement on that.............:rolleyes:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Coco's sources are Doug Feinberg and wikipedia.
UConn, Notre Dame ready to resume rivalry in Final Four
"UConn and Notre Dame have played 46 times, with the Huskies holding a 35-11 advantage."
upload_2018-8-12_12-57-56.png

Last edited:

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
So a person applies for a job coaching college basketball and one of the first things the AD asks is, "Can you recruit?" Coaching isn't just practice, Xs and Os and game management. Being able to recruit top notch talent is a huge part of a coach's job.

Geno isn't the best coach because he gets the best talent.
Geno gets the best talent because he's the best coach.

Reaction Score
So a person applies for a job coaching college basketball and one of the first things the AD asks is, "Can you recruit?" Coaching isn't just practice, Xs and Os and game management. Being able to recruit top notch talent is a huge part of a coach's job.

Geno isn't the best coach because he gets the best talent.
Geno gets the best talent because he's the best coach.

OK..........I'll be the devil's advocate here since our ND guys must be at the beach.......others will say that schools like Notre Dame, Stanford, and Duke are at a big recruiting disadvantage because they have tougher acceptance standards............they simply can't compete for all of the best players the way that UConn can..........I suppose the only way to know for sure would be to find out if the great UConn stars were qualified to attend those other schools............don't think that's happening any time soon..........based on that concept they believe that MM and Tara are just as good as Geno they just have had lessor talent to work with over the years......

Reaction Score
OK.....I'll be the devil's advocate here since our ND guys must be at the beach..others will say that schools like Notre Dame, Stanford, and Duke are at a big recruiting disadvantage because they have tougher acceptance standards..they simply can't compete for all of the best players the way that UConn can.....I suppose the only way to know for sure would be to find out if the great UConn stars were qualified to attend those other schools..don't think that's happening any time soon.....based on that concept they believe that MM and Tara are just as good as Geno they just have had lessor talent to work with over the years.
Given that UConn, ND, and Stanford are generally in the hunt for the same recruits I'd say the academic standards are not an issue.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Why read the ND message board when we can read insults directed at the student-athletes who were part of Geno's program right here.

The following former Huskies are part of the Huskies of Honor. I would say most of these players were either recruited by ND and Duke or would have been admitted into those schools had they wanted to play basketball there. And yes, Stanford recruited a few too. Geno recruits smart kids too.

Lobo
Bascom
Rizzotti
Wolters
Sales
Ralph
Abrosimova
Bird
Cash
Taurasi
Moore
Charles
Montgomery
Dolson
Hartley
Mosqueda-Lewis
Stewart
Tuck
Williams

Future HOH:

Samuelson (recruited by Stanford and ND)
Collier (recruited by ND)

We know ND wanted Walker, C Williams and ONO.

Reaction Score

Ahh c'mon you could have done much better picking the start\end dates than that. How aNot to mention 7-1 between April Fools Day 2011 and April Fools Day 2013!
A couple corrections. It was the Under 17 World Championship, and Brunelle didn’t so much “play with Boston” as watch her play from the bench.....ouch.... :confused:
Yes, but I think I also read on the Board that the only reason those 10 other players tried out for the U-17 team was because they knew Brunie was going to be on the team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom