NCSU v. Turtle | The Boneyard

NCSU v. Turtle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Edsall's players stage massive comeback on final drive led by their nineteenth string QB.

6 seconds left, down by two and the turtle sets up for a 25 yard FG.

Frosh kicker from Australia yanks it left and hits the upright. Bounces off and it's no good.

NCSU gets lucky and gets the W.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
if we had any type of oc, we run train on both those teams.

Reaction Score
They had the ball at their own 25 and 32 seconds left. They get to the NC ST 15 and blew the FG. (33 yds according to ESPN play by play)

MD is starting to believe in their coach. Today was growing pains but I think they're buying in.

Duke up 20-6 on UNC near the half. Gotta root for Dook seeing we are heading down their path though I think there is improvement going on down there.

Reaction Score
Their effort today was much more impressive than the wins over Wake or UVA, who may be worse than we are. The tougher part of their schedule is coming, so they have work to do to get to a bowl, but there is obvious progress there.

Having a dominant offensive player helps a lot.

Reaction Score
This was a great game to watch, Edsall has turned the corner, If Feinstein has any class he would write an "I was wrong" article tomorrow.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yep they are improving. He'll get them to at least the level he got UConn. We'll see if he's improved.

I was a bit disappointed in him when he punted on 4th and short with 2 minutes left. Game was there for the taking. Thought he had learned that lesson Fortune favors the bold.

Reaction Score
Yup, back on the road to unfulfilling mediocrity. But I'd take that right now.

It is just so hard to watch college football when the Huskies are playing so poorly. This is even worse than how it felt in 2005-2006.
P-athetic and D-elusional, have sapped my zest for college football this year. I barely watched any yesterday. Instead I took my kids to a farm during the day and at night I watched boxing on showtime. These guys have this season. Conservative, staying ahead of the chains Stop. In consecutive weeks, they have almost blown a big lead against Buffalo, lost a two touchdown lead to Temple, and got rolled by a team that sucks. Admittedly we suck worse, but that is largely due P-athetic and D-lusional.

Reaction Score
P-athetic and D-elusional, have sapped my zest for college football this year. I barely watched any yesterday. Instead I took my kids to a farm during the day and at night I watched boxing on showtime. These guys have Fecundityed this season. Conservative, staying ahead of the chains bull****. In consecutive weeks, they have almost blown a big lead against Buffalo, lost a two touchdown lead to Temple, and got Fecunditying rolled by a team that sucks. Admittedly we suck worse, but that is largely due P-athetic and D-lusional.

Amen.

Reaction Score
Yup, back on the road to unfulfilling mediocrity. But I'd take that right now.

It is just so hard to watch college football when the Huskies are playing so poorly. This is even worse than how it felt in 2005-2006.

Despite this board's mocking repetition of the word "trailers," there were reasons we weren't a winning team in '05 and '06. We were playing with players who were recruited by a I-AA program and our opponents were playing with players who were recruited by a BCS program. This year is totally different.

Reaction Score
Despite this board's mocking repetition of the word "trailers," there were reasons we weren't a winning team in '05 and '06. We were playing with players who were recruited by a I-AA program and our opponents were playing with players who were recruited by a BCS program. This year is totally different.

Yes, because I-AA programs also forget to recruit quarterbacks.

Other than that your post was spot on.

Reaction Score
Yes, because I-AA programs also forget to recruit quarterbacks.

Other than that your post was spot on.

We had 4 QBs on our roster in '05 -- Bones, DJ, Cundiff and Brown. The problem was the QBs weren't good enough. Which a rational person would think is related to our situation.

Reaction Score
We had 4 QBs on our roster in '05 -- Bones, DJ, Cundiff and Brown. The problem was the QBs weren't good enough. Which a rational person would think is related to our situation.

Only one of those even I-AA caliber. Bones and DJ were gritty though.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Nope. Edsall had a very good 2001 class because he could offer immediate playing time in an upgrading program, then he wasted 2 straight recruiting classes in 2002 and 2003 chasing overrated talent with off field issues. The 2004 class was great, but then we seemed to fall into a rut again after that. Edsall's best class was 2004. Your logic doesn't make sense given the timeline of what actually happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom