NCSU -4 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NCSU -4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't think they score 20 offensively. Just a question of what we do and if we turn the ball over.

Teams destroyed us last season in the middle of the field. This is the first big test. Definitely nervous. Really hoping we put in an extra safety on passing downs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Teams destroyed us last season in the middle of the field. This is the first big test. Definitely nervous. Really hoping we put in an extra safety on passing downs.

Lots of blown coverage and wide open guys. Didn't see that v UMASS except for one pass they completed for one of their first downs. Spacing seemed better and the handoff from LB to secondary looked good. Looks like they are learning. But we will see.

Reaction Score
Lots of blown coverage and wide open guys. Didn't see that v UMASS except for one pass they completed for one of their first downs. Spacing seemed better and the handoff from LB to secondary looked good. Looks like they are learning. But we will see.

I still believe that the newness of the defense last year caused us to perform substantially below the talent of our defensive personnel. I think that this year's D should be stronger than not just last year's version, but the D that sent us to Glendale in '10.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it until some other team proves me wrong.

Reaction Score
Don't look now, BL ... but I'm beginning to sense an "uptick" in your confidence in this team ... :)

Reaction Score
Don't look now, BL ... but I'm beginning to sense an "uptick" in your confidence in this team ... :)

1. It is only stating the obvious to say that our overall QB play post-Orlovsky has been well, well, well below conference average. Whatever you think about anything else on our team, the biggest unknown coming into this year was did we have a QB who had adequate talent for our level of play. Having seen last week's game, I think we do. Do I think he'll make more than his share of mistakes this year -- yes, I do. But you can reduce mistakes through coaching and experience. While, for the most part, you can either make throws or you can't.

2. I expected the D to "get" Brown's scheme better and be very good this year. Obviously they were better than very good against a very inferior opponent. Now let's see if they can be very good against an opponent who is "believed" to have superior talent to us.

Reaction Score

No offense to the umass qb and offense, but nc state will pose a much greater challenge. We do know that Glennon can get rattled, though. We need trevardo and joseph to get to the passer.

Reaction Score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog