OT: - NCIS LA Deputy Director Granger - Miguel Ferrer Has Died - Cancer | The Boneyard

OT: NCIS LA Deputy Director Granger - Miguel Ferrer Has Died - Cancer

Reaction Score
miguel_ferrar_latina_actor_0901_400_0.jpg

Miguel Ferrer, who starred on NCIS: Los Angeles and Crossing Jordan, has died, PEOPLE confirms. He was 61.

Surrounded by close friends and family, the veteran actor passed away Thursday in his home after a battle with cancer.

Born Feb. 7, 1955 to singer and actress Rosemary Clooney and Academy Award winner Jose Ferrer, the actor — who was cousin to George Clooney — previously starred as Dr. Garret Macy on CBS’ Crossing Jordan from 2001-2007 and starred as Owen Granger on NCIS: Los Angeles since 2012 up until the time of his death.

The veteran actor was given the option of ending his run on NCIS: Los Angeles as his cancer worsened last year, but he wanted to keep working. His diagnosis quickly started to affect his voice, so the writers wrote his cancer into the show.

“Today, NCIS: Los Angeles lost a beloved family member,” NCIS: Los Angeles showrunner R. Scott Gemmill told PEOPLE in a statement. “Miguel was a man of tremendous talent who had a powerful dramatic presence on screen, a wicked sense of humor, and a huge heart. Our thoughts go out to his wife Lori, his sons, and his entire family. He will be greatly missed.”

R.I.P. Deputy Director Granger

[LINK]

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I watch NCIS LA and Ferrer's character was one of my favorites. I knew something was wrong in the last couple of episodes because of his appearance and slurred speech. I thought it he had suffered a stroke.

There are few thing in life that I hate. Cancer tops the list. In just the last year I've lost my sister, my best friend, a lifelong childhood friend and two "Facebook friends" to cancer.

Reaction Score
In the last episode he was stabbed in the back while in jail and taken to the hospital... the next episode was suppose to be in 2 weeks. Sad it happened so quickly....

Reaction Score
In the last episode he was stabbed in the back while in jail and taken to the hospital... the next episode was suppose to be in 2 weeks. Sad it happened so quickly....
Saw that ...but he survived. I wonder if this is actually how they handled his departure. The episodes have likely been in the can for some time.

So, Tony, you've known Granger from back in the day when you were with NCIS ...right? ;)

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I watch NCIS LA. I knew something was wrong with him. His family has my sympathy and they are in my prayers!! Rest in Paradise Miguel better known as "Granger". You will truly be missed on the series.

Reaction Score
I really appreciated Miguel Ferrer as an actor! I liked every role he played! It was quite evident from the start of the season that he was very sick, so frail.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom