NCAA vs NBA Draft Revision article | The Boneyard

NCAA vs NBA Draft Revision article

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
So the Jalen Green thread started to go down this route but I thought it needed to get on to its own thread so it was separate. I read the above article and thought it was interesting. It would allow the play in college bball to improve and allow players to develop and stay in school. I just think of the players who declare for the draft and I sit there and scratch my head wondering why. When those kids don't get drafted or get drafted near end of the second round, the idea of allowing them to go back to college would be a good one.

Would be curious if the NBA would want this as well.

Reaction Score
One reason this won't be seriously considered - it works for the benefit of the athlete and not for the NBA. What team is going to risk a draft pick on a kid who, after the draft, can simply do what's in his best interest and play another year in college rather than play for a pro team in which he, for whatever reason, has no interest?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
One reason this won't be seriously considered - it works for the benefit of the athlete and not for the NBA. What team is going to risk a draft pick on a kid who, after the draft, can simply do what's in his best interest and play another year in college rather than play for a pro team in which he, for whatever reason, has no interest?

They would still own his rights. Just like an international player.

Reaction Score
They would still own his rights. Just like an international player.

Not saying you are wrong but if this is how it would work why would a kid who is drafted in the first round pass on playing for the team that drafted him and therefore pass on earning mucho $$ and then the next year have no choice but to play for the team that he passed on a year ago?

Reaction Score
Not saying you are wrong but if this is how it would work why would a kid who is drafted in the first round pass on playing for the team that drafted him and therefore pass on earning mucho $$ and then the next year have no choice but to play for the team that he passed on a year ago?
That's how it would work, the NHL already does this exact system. It wouldn't be the player choosing not to join the NBA team, it would be the NBA team choosing not to sign the player to an NBA deal because they don't think he's ready

Last edited:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
That's how it would work, the NHL already does this exact system. It wouldn't the player choosing not to join the NBA team, it would be the NBA team choosing not to sign the player to an NBA deal because they don't think he's ready

It’s better for the nba than okc taking Josh Heustis to avoid the luxury tax as he was the best prospect who would take their tax dodging scheme.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom