NCAA Tournament | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NCAA Tournament

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
In addition to the tournament games being on ESPN channels and app, ABC is going to broadcast some of the games.

Reaction Score
I wonder if the top seed get the Alamo dome in the first 2 rounds. Seems like it would be an advantage to play in the same arena through out.

Reaction Score
I wonder how many Big East schools will make the field of 64? (I think 5 teams from the Conference will get in - UCONN, Marquette, Seton Hall, DePaul, and Villanova.)

Reaction Score
More I think about, more I'm thinking there's not enough hotel rooms for 64 teams in round 1, thus the expansion to Aust & San Marcos.

I'm guessing this is how it will go:

St Marys & UTSA will have 4 games each day in round 1 (4 games x 2 sites x 2 days=16), with the winners advancing to round 2 at those sites (2x,2x2=8).
Austin, San Marcos, and the Alamodomex2 will have 2 games each day in round 1 (2x4x2=16). Then the winners will advance to Alamodomex2 (2x2x2=8).

This will keep the STM & UTSA teams at the same arenas and hotels for rounds 1 & 2.
Only the 8 Austin & San Marcos winners will travel and have to play in a different site for round 2.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wonder how many Big East schools will make the field of 64? (I think 5 teams from the Conference will get in - UCONN, Marquette, Seton Hall, DePaul, and Villanova.)
No way. Creme says 3.

SetonHall is #61 in NET, is 0-1 against Q1, and 1-1 against Q2, plus has a Q4 loss. Best win: H vs Marquette.
Villanova is #68 in NET with 1-2 against Q1 and 0-1 against q2. Best win: A vs Seton Hall

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I looked at the box score of last year's game, to refresh my memory on exactly how we lost it (70-52). Aside from being held to a program record low of 2 points in the first quarter, we didn't do that bad. They simply made more shots than we did. We played them just about even for the 2nd & 3rd quarter.

SC was very aggressive the entire game, and did not show any signs of fear or intimidation playing the vaunted UConn Huskies, a team they had never beaten. Dangerfield had 25, Walker and ONO had 10 each, Williams (couldn't by a shot = 2/12) had 5, Anna didn't score, and Aubrey (off the bench) had 2. I don't think UConn will have a problem scoring points THIS TIME.

Boston had a fair game (13/12), nothing spectacular. Harris led the way with a game high of 19. We out rebounded them by 2, and matched them from the FT line with 4. Steals, they bested us 8-3. Had our shots been falling, I think we could have won that game.

Massey sez....UConn should win this game 72-68, but they predicted a 10 point win at Arkansas too. We know how THAT one turned out. :confused: I think UConn is hitting their "stride" at the perfect time, and their confidence is peaking right now. That game against Marquette was an excellent primer for this game. They did some things against the Golden Eagles that should translate over to THIS one.

A quick glance at my tea leaves tells me that Paige, Nika and Aaliyah "formally" introduce themselves to Gamecock Nation up close and personal, and UConn wins by 7, 86-79. :) A win here would make us ALL happy. After Monday, UConn should run the table the remainder of the regular season including the BIG East Tournament.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Has anyone heard if the NCAA intends to have a NIT tournament this season for men or women?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I would be surprised. Those events survive only bc of ticket sales.
Yea i agree with that. I'm also not surprised not to hear anything planning wise because those things tend to be last minute anyway. Lat minute in terms of teams accepting bids and hosting the first couple of rounds.
I just realized the Irony (stupidity?) of asking about NIT on a UCONN WBB board.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom