NCAA Tournament, week 1 of 3 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

NCAA Tournament, week 1 of 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I really hate courts that have their benches on the other side of the court (out of camera view). Half the fun is watching the benches/coaches react. Missing that in this Jackson St-LSU game.
This +100. I know exactly what you're saying. And it is infuriating sometimes!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Ya, my Utes can shoot but football's not their forte, at least not in the WBB Tourney. We'll see!
You could put some pads on Gylten and she'd be right at home. She looks small, but she's fierce.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Not sure Jackson State will have the composure to finish this off but, still, the SEC might be a tad over-hyped.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
While everybody is talking about LSU, Belmont has gone up 6 on Oregon. Ducks still haven't quite figured out they need to take the 3 point shot away from the Bruins.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
The SEC has a bunch of mediocre coaches...
This relates to a point about when good mid-majors should play P5 schools. The more time to develop a team the more good coaching will beat better recruiting but mediocre coaching. A conference like the SEC is going to recruit well, but unless they have the coaching to match they will prove to be overseeded in the tournaments.

Unfortunately, the SEC will soon have Staley, Mulkey (with better talent) AND Schaffer, but us UConn fans can enjoy this while it lasts.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Heart Attack Close Call GIF by reactionseditor

Reaction Score
You could put some pads on Gylten and she'd be right at home. She looks small, but she's fierce.
And RIP BYU Cougars. While not their month, per pound their guard Paisley Harding is one of the toughest people in Utah. One of those players getting up off the floor every time you look.

Reaction Score
LSU survives, Mulkey will need a whiskey cocktail with some crawfish later on after this one.

First NCAAT win for LSU since in over 8 years, finally got the monkey off their back
Whew

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Pac 12 has been kicking butt for years, so I guess they were due for a clunker post season performance. I don't like it at all though.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
How is this possible? I was told over and over again, via mantras like "every game's a dogfight" and "no nights off", that the teams from these highly regarded conferences would never lose to an underdog like Belmont from the lowly Ohio Valley Conference.

The cognitive dissonance is overwhelming.

Reaction Score
Win or lose Sedona Prince comes over as one of the bigger sportswomen in basketball. A gracious, hard nosed competitor.
Sedona Prince, creator of WBB March Madness and so much more, currently and hopefully to come.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
How is this possible? I was told over and over again, via mantras like "every game's a dogfight" and "no nights off", that the teams from these highly regarded conferences would never lose to a team like Belmont from the lowly Ohio Valley Conference.

I said that about the Big South.... not sure who else said that about the other conferences ;)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
A reminder that game threads aren’t allowed on the Boneyard. Use the chat room

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
How is this possible? I was told over and over again, via mantras like "every game's a dogfight" and "no nights off", that the teams from these highly regarded conferences would never lose to an underdog like Belmont from the lowly Ohio Valley Conference.

Who said this this year? I actually don't think I can remember a single post to this effect around here. Are you referring to the commentators?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom