NCAA Tells UCF Kicker He Can't Make Money From His YouTube Channel | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NCAA Tells UCF Kicker He Can't Make Money From His YouTube Channel

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
For anyone on this board who received compensation from an organization (ie- you have a job).

Are you free to monetize your image and the organization's image likeness however you please without any approval or oversight?

Most likely not.

The compromise seemed fair and avoids the slippery slope of ill gal benefits. Keep the page, keep the money. Make sure you keep UCF and NCAA imagery out of it. For four months.

Reaction Score
It should be inherently appropriate that any student athlete be allowed to pursue a business idea like any other. Otherwise, what is the point of school.

All good.

I'm sure we cannot have this debate here.

But I would say that employment is a business decision.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
The kids an idiot. It would have taken him 15 minutes to move his athletic videos into another channel. The reason he didn't is probably because the only ones he was making any money on at all had to do with him being a college athlete.

Not to mention I doubt he was making anywhere near as much with his YouTube videos, compared to the value of his scholarship. Even at UCF. :D

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The NCAA is pretty corrupt, but from what I'm reading here, it looks like the kid knew what his options were and chose YouTube. Not saying the options are fair, but tough to feel too bad for him given that it appears he had the consequences laid out for him.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
The NCAA is pretty corrupt, but from what I'm reading here, it looks like the kid knew what his options were and chose YouTube. Not saying the options are fair, but tough to feel too bad for him given that it appears he had the consequences laid out for him.
This is the take I agree with. The NCAA decision is stupid BUT he pulled himself out of football to pursue YouTube which is great if that's what he wants to do. But I can't feel sorry for him for doing so

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom