NCAA slams Louisville - 2013 banner coming down | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NCAA slams Louisville - 2013 banner coming down

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Pitino was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 2013. Can we vacate that honor too?:D

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
All the basketball talking heads continually credit Cal with Final Fours that have been vacated. Doesn't change a thing.

Reaction Score
More proof that Louisville getting the invitation to the ACC is one of the biggest scandals ever in NCAA history (although surely a step down from the sex assault cases of Penn State, Baylor, Michigan State and others of that ilk).

They cheated, lied and allegedly bribed their way in - shows that trying to do it the right way does not work. Sure, there has been room to hate on Herbst and Hathaway/Manuel. But I submit once again that they had to be willing to get in the mud to win that invitation, and they were not willing to go there.

I for one have pushed the narrative in other threads over the last few years that Florida State and Clemson along with Boston College and Syracuse played a major role in keeping us out, and there is plenty of evidence to back up that angle of how Louisville was chosen over us. But it is also crystal clear that Louisville sold their souls in so many ways to get there.

Just proves that guys like ACC Commissioner John Swofford, many of the ACC school Presidents combined with Jurich and Pitino are some of the dirtiest, scummiest people out there. And what do they all have in common? They have all lined their pockets by using and abusing this system of exploitation they themselves helped to propagate.

God, I hate this whole damn intercollegiate athletic system. It has gone a long way to ruining what was one of the fun parts of my life since starting college - rooting for our beloved UConn Huskies. The highest rewards continually go to the biggest cheaters - and most if not all of the collateral damage seems to fall on the innocent people, and not the perpetrators themselves.

And before anyone points out that "they took away the title and the Final Four appearance from the year before in addition to Pitino and Jurich getting fired last September" as if this is some kind of significant retribution, just remember that Pitino still has his millions of dollars earned through his continual misdeeds and malfeasance, AND he is still a member in good standing of The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame - and I'll wager they never kick him out, either. Jurich still has his millions, too.

Pathetic and Disgusting... and yet the beat goes on.

Reaction Score
So, let me get this straight. Louisville gets slammed (rightfully so) for strippers and prostitutes for players and recruits and UNC got NOTHING for admitting to fake classes that numerous basketball players took in order to stay eligible?

Reaction Score
Always felt vacating wins is the most hollow punishment ever. USC tells their recruits about their most recent championship regardless of what the record books state, and Louisville will do the same. Kevin Ware already spoke up about how he still has his ring, nothing has changed. At least they're making them pay back some money, but I guarantee you they made a lot more than $600k off a title and 2 final fours

Reaction Score
Although I have no sympathy for Lville, I dont get the point of vacating records or championships. Should professional sports ban the Pats 3 titles for spy gate,one of them for deflating balls, ban every team in the steroid era of MLB for steroids, you could ban the NBA titles due to collusion etc. You can't change what had already happened.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
I just dont see how erasing wins is really any punishment at all unless they get paid per win and can be retroactively charged with a pay it all back because you cheated scenario.

Reaction Score
I don’t get why so many people say “who cares about vacating wins”? as if it doesn’t leave a giant stain on a program.

Sure, the games happened, but everytime Louisville fans try to claim they have as many national titles as UConn, we can now laugh in their faces.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t get why so many people say “who cares about vacating wins”? as if it doesn’t leave a giant stain on a program.

Sure, the games happened, but everytime Louisville fans try to claim they have 3 national titles, we can now laugh in their face.

Now we can chant 1986, 1986

Reaction Score
So, let me get this straight. Louisville gets slammed (rightfully so) for strippers and prostitutes for players and recruits and UNC got NOTHING for admitting to fake classes that numerous basketball players took in order to stay eligible?
If they got strippers and prostitutes for non-athletes, they would have been cleared like UNC. This is what I take away from all this.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Sure, the games happened, but everytime Louisville fans try to claim they have as many national titles as UConn, we can now laugh in their faces.

May take:

1) The NCAA, which is one of the most corrupt, vile and tone deaf organizations, are the ones handing down the ruling.

2) The fact that there's a good chance every major college program has done, or continues to do, the same things that got Louisville in trouble.

The games were played, the results happened and anyone who's a fan of the sport knows damn well who won.

Reaction Score
May take:

1) The NCAA, which is one of the most corrupt, vile and tone deaf organizations, are the ones handing down the ruling.

2) The fact that there's a good chance every major college program has done, or continues to do, the same things that got Louisville in trouble.

The games were played, the results happened and anyone who's a fan of the sport knows damn well who won.

If UConn had lost the 2013 title game to Louisville we would all scream foul. Cheaters don't deserve trophies and accolades. Now if every D1 school is discovered to have cheated, that's a different story.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom