NCAA Removes 2013 Regional From Trenton, Site TBA | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NCAA Removes 2013 Regional From Trenton, Site TBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
"Regarding betting, I just don't understand the appeal. But then again, I am sure there are plenty of things I like that others don't understand the appeal of."

The list is endless, Fairview, from music and television shows to Kardashians, but, I think I'll start my list with Brussel Sprouts..:confused:

Reaction Score
Remember that it is the MAAC that was hosting in New Jersey. Harbor Yard would seem very logical, as Fairfield is in the MAAC as well.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The arrogance of NJ Government since Chris Christie has been governor knows no bounds.

I'm not going to say that he hasn't had any good ideas, just no one I know has any idea what they have been.

Well this board isn't the place for a discussion of Jersey politics but here's a start:

Balanced Budget, No New Taxes
"For the third straight year, I signed a balanced budget with no new taxes."
Less Spending
"I cut hundreds of millions of dollars in wasteful spending -- in fact, our state budget is smaller now than five years ago."
More Jobs
"The New Jersey Comeback has resulted in our best job growth in seven years."
Each of these statements has been validated by PolitiFact New Jersey the fact checking site affiliated with the Star Ledger. There are plenty more. If you are curious, message me. A lot of people are put off by the govenor's demeanor but he has been very effective, particularly for Republican govenor in a very blue state.

Reaction Score
Remember that it is the MAAC that was hosting in New Jersey. Harbor Yard would seem very logical, as Fairfield is in the MAAC as well.

Harbor Yard would be great, but I'm not sure it's feasible. The Trenton games were scheduled for 3/24 and 3/26, presumably with practices scheduled for the 23rd. Harbor Yard is booked for hockey on 3/23 and 3/24 so they'd have to do some schedule juggling/financial compensation to get the Sound Tigers to give up two weekend dates (any rescheduled games would undoubtedly be on weeknights when they can't draw flies).

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
The Trenton Regionals were to be held March 30 & April 1st according to the NCAA web site. So Harbor Yard could still be in the mix since their calendar shows nothing booked for that time period.

Reaction Score
The Trenton Regionals were to be held March 30 & April 1st according to the NCAA web site. So Harbor Yard could still be in the mix since their calendar shows nothing booked for that time period.

Oops. Reading is fundamental..............

Reaction Score
Trenton was a political plum for Rutgers, which has since crashed and burned. Now we need to put Notre Dame far in the rear mirror before somebody gives them a Hartford or Bridgeport.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure it couldn't be in Hartford, since we play home games there...of course, this might just be a conspiracy to HAVE to move UConn someplace else, far, far away. Bridgeport would make the most sense for us.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Just go to the men's games. They have a regional there every year.

:rolleyes:

That would be great! Of course, we would have to build an arena first, and there might be a little problem with parking in this town of 1600, with all its rocky and wetland soils. You are referring to my town of Norfolk, CT aren't you?

:p

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Whatever site gets it, they need to make the ticket prices and parking reasonable. Also, shouldn't have games that start 9 PM or later.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Time of games and parking cost cannot be negotiated. Times are set by ESPN (as said) and parking (and food and beverage prices) are set by the local venue. Nevertheless it is a great venue for Connecticut fans to get to... All seats are great...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom