NCAA = Overpaid Idiots | The Boneyard

NCAA = Overpaid Idiots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
The NCAA needs to hire a stupid checker. Whenever something like this comes up the NCAA rules guys would have to run their response past the stupid checker before publicly embarrassing the organization.

Reaction Score
Employers are required to reinstate returning veterans to their old positions without penalty. Of course, the morons at the NCAA never heard of this rule, or think they can just spin the world the any way they choose to warp it.

This latest piece of idiocy is truly shameful. I hope the law allows him to sue the NCAA -

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/...eligible-for-freshman-season/?intcmp=trending
Whoever interpreted that rule to take away his eligibility should be sentenced to go one on one with this 6'3'' 240 lb. Marine.

Reaction Score
NCAA = Idiots
----------------------
In other news, the Earth is round and water is wet

Reaction Score
From last night:

http://espn.go.com/college-football...e-blue-raiders-steven-rhodes-college-football

This jumps out though:

"MTSU assistant athletics director for compliance Daryl Simpson said the NCAA actually made the right ruling based on its rulebook. "It's kind of a complicated case," Simpson said. "I know a lot of the public is going to react against the NCAA, but it was the correct ruling based on the rules and the way it's written. I don't think it's anybody's fault. Back in 1996, somebody made a mistake. I don't think it was an intentional error, and I don't think anyone wanted to hose the military personnel. I just think it was omitted by mistake."

Not saying the by-law doesn't needs to be re-visited by not as clear cut as some in the media would like to portray.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
From last night:

http://espn.go.com/college-football...e-blue-raiders-steven-rhodes-college-football

This jumps out though:

"MTSU assistant athletics director for compliance Daryl Simpson said the NCAA actually made the right ruling based on its rulebook. "It's kind of a complicated case," Simpson said. "I know a lot of the public is going to react against the NCAA, but it was the correct ruling based on the rules and the way it's written. I don't think it's anybody's fault. Back in 1996, somebody made a mistake. I don't think it was an intentional error, and I don't think anyone wanted to hose the military personnel. I just think it was omitted by mistake."

Not saying the by-law doesn't needs to be re-visited by not as clear cut as some in the media would like to portray.

The problem isn't that the NCAA officials followed the rule. The problem is that they should have realized the rule was flawed and waived it in this guys case. Instead once again they end up with egg on their face.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Who remembers Paper Chase -- and the comment by Houseman in reaction to..."Liberty Bell" saying the law was stupid. "Legislators make the laws. Judges have to rule based on the laws they wrote."

"Waiving" is great, when you agree with it. In other cases, it's favoritism.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I invite your attention to what Mr. Bumble said in Charles Dickens's Oliver Twist:

"If the law supposes that -- the law is a ass -- a idiot."
This seems to fit the original ruling in this case just about right.

And many others!

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
I'm available.
Ok, you're in...but I would include Phil to run the stats, DoggyD to verify everything spoken, written or turned in, Icebear just because, CL82 because their idea and HuskyNan to deal out the punishment....who else is needed?
P.S. I'll be the "stupid checker".... I have experience on both sides of the ledger....:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom