NCAA Matchups to Watch | Page 5 | The Boneyard

NCAA Matchups to Watch

Reaction Score
So, what is Haley Jones' legacy? She did play a huge role in bringing a Championship to Stanford after a 30 year drought. But she didn't seem to improve at all after her Soph year, in fact I think she regressed. To me it seems like potential unrealized. She was clearly dominant at times, but very inconsistent.
I think Tara turning her into the primary point guard, something that she’s not, for the past 2 seasons has really hurt her development in other areas. Also, why did they never run plays to get Jump open or backdoor plays for Haley? The entire offense seemed to be either dump it to Brink or have Haley go 1-on-1.

Reaction Score

Animated GIF

Reaction Score
They've partially changed their nickname. They go by the landsharks in some scenarios. This actually reminds me of a student newspaper poll when they were rebranding. The most popular vote was to make Admiral Akbar (leader of the rebel fleet in Star Wars) the new mascot, but it was vetoed by the administration. :D
In case people were wondering:
https://youtu.be/8Xq3mVgqlQg

Reaction Score
Jones has sort of a retro game.

Didn't seem like Stanford was as focused after they won the title.

There were just a lot of slip ups after that. In fairness, this particular team was missing significant chunks of their title team.

Reaction Score
The tweet was deleted. What happened?
Interested Kim Kardashian GIF
One of the reporters tweeted a quote from Tara that was misconstrued. Basically the tweet was something along the lines of “our men’s team would be happy to play two tournament games.” it was taken out of context by everyone, so I’m assuming that’s why the tweet was deleted.

Reaction Score
Anyone else see the handshake between Van Lith and Morris?

Yeah it looked a little testy to say the least. Nice way to handle the question. I know the reporter has to do a job but nothing good was going to come out of had Van Lith answered with something that made Texas seem like sore losers. Like she said, Texas was disappointed that they lost and there were emotions associated with it. Leave it at that.

Reaction Score
And Indiana is the second #1 seed to go down this weekend. Miami was impressive with how they handled a hostile environment and Indiana's tenacity to keep fighting. They won the rebounding battle and shot better than Indiana.

Reaction Score
Wow, looking at each regional, UConn’s regional is an absolute gauntlet, whoever comes out of it has a great chance at making the final imo

Reaction Score
The Utah/LSU has to be the best game of the upcoming weekend. Great opportunity for the team that wins that game.
I hope LSUs shooting actually shows up. They have been horrendous so far this post season. The sad thing is they are getting lots of great looks. Even Reese with her outstanding play has missed a 100 layups and Ladazhia Williams was working hard to outdo her In the missed layup contest

Biggest disappointment by far is Alexis Morris. For a sixth year senior and first team all SEC player, she hasn’t done anything or shown up looking ready to play most of both the first and 2nd rounds

I still stand by this statement, the home crowd helps but I find lsu has looks more focused and locked in playing on the road or neutral court than I ever see them at home. Why? Not sure but it’s apparent if you watch the games…

Reaction Score
I hope LSUs shooting actually shows up. They have been horrendous so far this post season. The sad thing is they are getting lots of great looks. Even Reese with her outstanding play has missed a 100 layups and Ladazhia Williams was working hard to outdo her In the missed layup contest

Biggest disappointment by far is Alexis Morris. For a sixth year senior and first team all SEC player, she hasn’t done anything or shown up looking ready to play most of both the first and 2nd rounds

I still stand by this statement, the home crowd helps but I find lsu has looks more focused and locked in playing on the road or neutral court than I ever see them at home. Why? Not sure but it’s apparent if you watch the games…

Sometimes I think having the home crowd is a distraction for them. I know they love the support, but sometimes playing to the crowd takes them away from their gameplans.

Reaction Score
Sometimes I think having the home crowd is a distraction for them. I know they love the support, but sometimes playing to the crowd takes them away from their gameplans.
I agree

I will say LSUs defense was outstanding. The work they did on Brown and Kiser was terrific. Held them to 7 combined points on 3-14 shooting. No one could get an open look. Phelia made some very hard shots but she’s a great player

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom