NC State vs Tennessee ESPNU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NC State vs Tennessee ESPNU

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
NCSU's front 7 is not that good. They will surrender rushing yards.

NCSU's OL is solid, and their lacking of rushing yards has more to do with mediocrity at RB than anything else. They pass block well and Glennon has all day to throw.

Ultimately, we need to move the ball to win. NCSU is fairly comparable to Iowa State 2011, maybe slightly better. We can win this game, but I have a feeling we lose a close one because NCSU has more weapons.

Reaction Score
Villanova put up 10 against Temple. But..... Temple has put up 38 so far on Nova. Still..... they let Nova score a touchdown?

The more I watch the more I think our defense can more than hang with NC St. Our offensive line has to bring their A-game and I think we can wear their defense down. I'm sure the coaches will have a great plan.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
msu is just a joke the way they are taking care of the ball.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Thinking about this some more. Neither Tennessee or NC State were really known for their defense last year (and neither were we at least from a PPG perspective). The high scoring nature of this game could just be middling defenses.

Tennessee's defense is bad. I thought NC State's was supposed to be better, but that is relative to the conference they play in (which generally has crappy defenses). I think UConn has a better D than both of these teams.

Reaction Score
NC State is gonna be pissed when they start the season 0-2. Oh well.

I thought I read they were going to be 1-1. I was gonna stay home but seeing 0-2 is still on the table I'm there. :cool:

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Tennessee's defense is bad. I thought NC State's was supposed to be better, but that is relative to the conference they play in (which generally has crappy defenses). I think UConn has a better D than both of these teams.

UConn's defense is clearly better than Tennessee's. I don't even think it's close. I feel we will lose a 14-10 snoozefest to the Pack because I am PETRIFIED about our OL play, though NCSU's front 7 isn't that much of a step up from UMass's scrappy players. I do feel that we we could/would beat NCSU later on in the year because Whitmer will have had time to operate our offense in game situations.

Reaction Score
I don't think that we showed too much in the way of game film. We did not show up UMASS in the second half and did not use much of the playbook. Don't judge too much by the run game in the second half. We had 90 of the 140 yards in the first half. After that we just kept it plain vanilla.

Reaction Score
NC State gave up 5 yards per carry. I'm confident that the offense can burn up the clock and score as long as Whitmer manages the team well. I'm not worried one bit about our D. If NC State finds the endzone more than twice throughout the game I'll be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom