NC State / Purdue semifinal | Page 9 | The Boneyard

NC State / Purdue semifinal

Reaction Score
This is the NC St team that lost 14 games in the regular season.
They had chances to put some game pressure on Purdue when it was 49-42 but they kept blowing their chances.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
These comments belittling Purdue are lunatic . These are the same people who melt down when the game is 10-6.

They suck. Yeah they beat every top-10 team they played, they’ve crushed everybody in the tourney en route to the title game, they have a 7’4” guy who scores 20 a game, and yeah OK, tonight was the first time I’ve watched them, but they definitely suck.

Reaction Score
These comments belittling Purdue are lunatic . These are the same people who melt down when the game is 10-6.
Yeah I don't like the belittling of Purdue. They are a #1 seed that's in the finals and they held the #1 ranking for many weeks this year.

Reaction Score
If we have the opportunity I do worry because our guards love helping off their man.
I may be wrong here, but i feel like we're pretty disciplined about not helping. Our whole defense is predicated on letting teams go at DC, and deny 3's. I don't think we help a lot at all.
As a matter of fact i remember a ton of times we were frustrated because we were getting beat inside, or from mid range, but that's just how our defense operates.

Reaction Score
Yeah I don't like the belittling of Purdue. They are a #1 seed that's in the finals and they held the #1 ranking for many weeks this year.
Ya it’s stupid Purdue isn’t close to what they were in the past, past history has no bearing in the current tournament.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
95% of the posters in chat meltdown when we're down 10-6. I don't know if there's any correlation with Purdue.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Not impressed with either team so far.

As I;ve been saying since this tournament began. I don't but it. The rest of the field cannot be this bad. Yhey keep feeding us false intel. They want us to think we can put four guys on the court and still win easily. They want us so overcome with with hubris that we won't notice when they try to steal it frm us.

Don't believe it. It's a trap.....
Trap.jpg

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Ya it’s stupid Purdue isn’t close to what they were in the past, last history has no bearing in the current tournament.
Yeah but the eye test on both these teams wasn’t good neither team was worthy of being in the finals

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
The one thing I’ll say for the refs in this game is they refrained from calling fouls on the player trying to hold their ground on Edey. If we make it past ‘Bama hopefully that will also be true Monday night.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
It’s not every screen. It’s every other screen.
Yeah, but to be fair, it's basically the same thing Creighton does, start the screening process early, have their players moving (supposedly in motion with the play) towards the defenders they are planning to screen, and as these teams have reputations of not fouling very much, nothing gets called.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
The one thing I’ll say for the refs in this game is they refrained from calling fouls on the player trying to hold their ground on Edey. If we make it past ‘Bama hopefully that will also be true Monday night.
I think the only thing we would need to worry about (if we do get there) is Clingan being a bit too agressive and getting in foul trouble. If DC gets his minutes, even if he concedes some point to Edey, the rest of Purdue can't do enough compared to our others players to keep it a game.

Reaction Score
Edey just made Shaq look short during their exchange.
Every ten years after 30, adults lose an inch of height each 10 years, so Shaq at 50+ is probably down to 7'0" or 6'11" and Edey is 7'4".

Reaction Score
Yeah but the eye test on both these teams wasn’t good neither team was worthy of being in the finals
Now that we beat Bama we can talk about Purdue. Ya they’re going to be very tough but I did see things that I liked that we can exploit. Purdue is better then Bama but not as athletic, I like our chances.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom