NC doubles up Puke at the half | The Boneyard

NC doubles up Puke at the half

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UNC's offense is a machine.. the fact that they've lost 4 this year is staggering

Reaction Score
Duke looked very ordinary.. NC looked very good.. but its hard to tell much more cuz its muted

Reaction Score
Another game where I root for the meteor. But, in the absence of that, nothing is nicer than Duke getting man-handled at home.

UNC's an odd team. I've seen them play a few times (being local) and they just lose focus at times and can get down (reminds me of another team). The FLA St loss still lingers with them. That said, they should go deep in the NCAAs. They're insanely good, and if I have to endure one of the local teams doing well, Carolina offends me the least. That's the only school in the area that the kids are allowed to go to without me openly mocking them.

Duke? May they lose early and embarrassingly. ..both next week and beyond.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Duke has no athleticism in the frontcourt and from what little I've seen their backcourt is overmatched in this game. Their guards are not quick enough to penetrate against UNC's guards and UNC has too much length for Duke's guards to shoot over them.

The wrong matchup for Duke on the tourney this year will be a repeat of what Zona did to them eleven months ago.

Reaction Score
UNC is better than dook.. by a decent margin actually.. that first game was the fluke of all flukes.. the difference in the two teams is really simple.. UNC can score in the paint, while dook just jacks bad 3-pointers

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Duke students are hilarious. We cut it to 18 with 8 minutes left!!!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
UNC looks a lot like us with a lead.

Reaction Score
Kendall Marshall gets way too much credit, he is really not very good. Poor mans Marcus Williams

Kendall Marshall is VERY good.. he knows how to play and that's about the best thing you can say about a point guard

Reaction Score
Kind of amazing you can lose Dexter Strickland and Leslie MacDonald to ACL's and still look as dominant as UNC looked. If they play like that they will win it all.

Reaction Score
Kind of amazing you can lose Dexter Strickland and Leslie MacDonald to ACL's and still look as dominant as UNC looked. If they play like that they will win it all.

UNC is very good but like Gottlieb said after the game, Duke isn't as good as their record would lead you to believe. There's a reason they've had to come back to win some games against teams that aren't very good. And there's a reason Carolina has dominated them for about 77 out of 80 minutes played this year.

Reaction Score
Duke has some impressive wins from the beginning of the season (Kansas, Michigan State), but I wonder if they were replay now that there has been some role definition.

Reaction Score
Duke has some impressive wins from the beginning of the season (Kansas, Michigan State), but I wonder if they were replay now that there has been some role definition.

Watching dook is really offensive to me.. makes me appreciate Calhoun that much more.. all they do is run ball screens, drive and shoot threes. As the games get bigger, the hoop normally gets smaller. Kryzooski and Calimari are two of the most overrated coaches of all time. Give Calhoun their talent level year after year (not to mention getting to coach in the VERY topheavy ACC and SEC in basketball) and he would have 5-7 NCs.

Reaction Score
You gotta give a coach who has 11 Final Fours in the modern era a lot of credit.

I think Calhoun is the best coach for reasons you suggest, but K isn't overrated.

Cal, on the other hand, gets far too much credit for "developing" players like Rose, Wall, Knight, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom