NBA Wants to Stop the Flop(ping) | The Boneyard

NBA Wants to Stop the Flop(ping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
In related news, Duke coach Mike Kryzewski is suing the NBA claiming his main coaching technique is being denigrated.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
In related news, Duke coach Mike Kryzewski is suing the NBA claiming his main coaching technique is being denigrated.
Fortunately, GG got out of coaching at just the right time.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Now for the British Premiere League...
English (EPL), but they already have penalties for that (Yellow card).

I've always said it's funny how soccer haters claim flopping/faking/deceit as a reason for hating soccer. When it occurs in almost all sports, at least the big ones...football, baseball, basketball.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Fortunately, GG got out of coaching at just the right time.
Funiest thing I ever saw - Amy and I went to a charity tourney at Duke as we were driving through one year. Auburn (still under Joe Caimpi) and Creighton, don't remember the 4th. In any case, during warm-ups the Duke players "practiced" flopping - right in front of the ref's, no less. Even the ref's were laughing at one of the flops. Then came the game - and the calls seemed to always go to Duke on every possible flop. Just amazing.

Reaction Score
Being a golfer, one of the few games/sports in which players call penalties on themselves, it seems that in just about every major sport, cheating is taught, admired and rewarded. Baseball catchers attempt to fool umpires by pulling pitches into the strike zone. Shortstops swipe a glove over a base stealer, then act like they did tag him. In football players are taught to hold. Defenders are taught to grab receivers in places that the refs can't easily see. In basketball Duke et al teaches players to fake fouls. Everyone acknowledges that it is being done and in many cases the media points it out as a skill to be admired. Then they crucify a player who takes a shot of HGH.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Funiest thing I ever saw - Amy and I went to a charity tourney at Duke as we were driving through one year. Auburn (still under Joe Caimpi) and Creighton, don't remember the 4th. In any case, during warm-ups the Duke players "practiced" flopping - right in front of the ref's, no less. Even the ref's were laughing at one of the flops. Then came the game - and the calls seemed to always go to Duke on every possible flop. Just amazing.
Yep, that was a standard warm up practice for GG.

Reaction Score
this would be a good idea (a technical foul) in college, in the NBA it will make no difference, there are already 25 uncontested dunks a game

Reaction Score
English (EPL), but they already have penalties for that (Yellow card).

I've always said it's funny how soccer haters claim flopping/faking/deceit as a reason for hating soccer. When it occurs in almost all sports, at least the big ones...football, baseball, basketball.

Sorry...EPL...I'd love to see a fine for video replay proof of flopping after the fact. And the EPL is actually one of the best leagues...check out Serie A (ugh!)

PS Dempsey joins Tottenham and they beat ManU at Old Trafford for the first time in 23 years!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
PS Dempsey joins Tottenham and they beat ManU at Old Trafford for the first time in 23 years!
It's so sad. My favorite USA player going to my most hated team. :(

Reaction Score
It's so sad. My favorite USA player going to my most hated team. :(

And he appears to have given all that speed a solid center to rotate around...how many beautiful Bale/Lennon centers have been wasted before he got there...?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I haven't seen Arsenal this season...how are they managing...?
Eh not bad, not great. Drew with Man City, outplayed but lost to Chelsea. Probably the typical (last few years) 3rd or 4th, make Champions League.

Reaction Score
Eh not bad, not great. Drew with Man City, outplayed but lost to Chelsea. Probably the typical (last few years) 3rd or 4th, make Champions League.

So RVP not leaving too big a hole...good...the Gunners had my favorite offense...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So RVP not leaving too big a hole...good...the Gunners had my favorite offense...
Spreading out the scoring. Which is good, but not having someone who can grab you some points out of nowhere (2 draws with Stoke and Sunderland early in season), hurts. This group seems to have a little more fight in them too. Probably because they are not waiting for RVP to bail them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom