NBA TV To Air Lynx - Sparks Rematch On Friday Night | The Boneyard

NBA TV To Air Lynx - Sparks Rematch On Friday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Still wondering how Maya is doing - no word on the Lynx twitter account or anywhere else (that I can find)
Oh good point. If Maya can't play, then big edge to LA...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Yes - a game between two really good WNBA teams (unfortunately a rarity). Plus I'm looking for Team Maya to give Team Candace a thorough butt-kicking. Will be thinking about that video CP posted
Maybe Maya can return the favor and dunk in CP's face? ;)

If you ever see the replays on sports center for monster dunks, the announcers often go bananas when someone gets "posturized". Remember Stewie's block a few weeks back - the announcers of that game got super excited too. I imagine they'd go bonkers if Maya dunked!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Likewise...sorry to hear the bad news.
I have the W package but not sports Pac on whatever cable provider we're into this year.
W doesn't show games on NBA...what a racket

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
at 8:00 P.M. EDT.

Do you Care?

Yeah, just checked the DirecTV guide: NBA-TV at seven. Sports listing in today's paper doesn't show it.

Reaction Score
Thumb seems to be OK - Maya schooling the Sparks early. 2 steal/breakaway/easy layups already.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Missed lay up (Sparks), turnover (Lynx), air ball (Sparks)... first 3 possessions since I turned the game on lol.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'd care if I got NBA TV.

I do care and I'm not happy about it. I get ESPN through Sling TV and I bought WNBA League Pass. The channel I don't have is NBA TV. Doh! :(

Reaction Score
Both of these teams have had excellent offenses this year, but when they play each other it's apparently like UConn vs. Notre Dame. :D

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Sloppy, sometimes mindless basketball by two teams that are supposedly good. LA with the lead, 71-68 at 5:05 left.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Amazing how teams fail late in the game to get the ball to their best offensive threat. Instead of throwing the ball to some dude in row 5, why not give that Moore girl a chance? Just saying.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Toliver is a good shooter. 25 points tonight 20 in last game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Toliver is a good shooter. 25 points tonight 20 in last game.
She is. 7-11 from the arc.

Minnesota's defense disappointed. L.A. did a nice job of closing out the game on Minny's home court, where the Lynx have won over 80% of the time since Maya arrived.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
She is. 7-11 from the arc.

Minnesota's defense disappointed. L.A. did a nice job of closing out the game on Minny's home court, where the Lynx have won over 80% of the time since Maya arrived.

When Toliver heats up, she's the WNBA's Steph Curry. Her release is so lightning-quick.

Reaction Score
To me it seemed weird to have the Linx in MN and it's a Sparks telecast with Sparks announcers. Usually the home team has the broadcast feed and their announcers, or it's neutral on ESPN! I can't stand the LA Sparks anyway, and to have the pro Sparks feed was a turnoff! Wednesday afternoon was neutral and it was a great game.
You would think every Sparks player was headed to the Hall of Fame. Just my opinion, what-ever it's worth.
I agree with several posters above that the amount of turnovers and the stupidity of most of them wasn't worthy of the top 2 teams in the WNBA. Too lackadaisical for the supposed level of quality teams.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
On another note, Stewie just had a monstrous game against Tuck and the Sun. She might be a top-5 player already.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
On another note, Stewie just had a monstrous game against Tuck and the Sun. She might be a top-5 player already.
She's often the best player on the floor, though her Olympic teammate did pretty well too, with 19 points, 5 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals, and only 1 turnover.

Reaction Score
Yes - a game between two really good WNBA teams (unfortunately a rarity). Plus I'm looking for Team Maya to give Team Candace a thorough butt-kicking. Will be thinking about that video CP posted

LA by 19. The game was GREAT to watch though. Back and forth until the fourth quarter. Maya had a good game and was the high scorer. Three LA players in double figures. Tolliver, Ogumike, and Parker.

This one should have been on network TV. It would have helped WNBA viewership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom