NBA Summer League | Page 5 | The Boneyard

NBA Summer League

Reaction Score
Not sure why when the #2 pick was a complete no show. He has bust written all over him.
Miller is also trending but he's also a rookie and we've seen plenty of rookies(Trae Young was atrocious early) struggle in summer league and be fine in the league. Bouk is entering year 3, he should be separating himself on the court by a good margin, just look how much better GSW's rookie and 2nd year guards were in comparison.

Reaction Score
Bouknight should get it together for Friday. Wemby vs Miller - going to be millions of eyes on that game

Reaction Score
Maybe Bouk is not as good as some here think he is.
He has a lot of talent (athletic, good moves off the dribble, multiple ways to finish) but he definitely didn’t turn into the type of shooter many of us thought. But he has problems that I don’t believe he’s ever really addressed.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Miller is also trending but he's also a rookie and we've seen plenty of rookies(Trae Young was atrocious early) struggle in summer league and be fine in the league. Bouk is entering year 3, he should be separating himself on the court by a good margin, just look how much better GSW's rookie and 2nd year guards were in comparison.
I don’t even think it’s about struggling to play well. He looks like a JAG (Just average guy) out there. Even when some young guys weren’t hitting shots like Trae, you can see he saw the game and moved different. Miller has just looked super average.

I agree Bouk needs to be better. If he can’t get it done in Vegas it’s probably over for him. He was the worst guard on the team today and it wasn’t because anyone else could shoot.

Reaction Score
He has a lot of talent (athletic, good moves off the dribble, multiple ways to finish) but he definitely didn’t turn into the type of shooter many of us thought. But he has problems that I don’t believe he’s ever really addressed.
A big part of being a good player is having the head and heart to be a good player. It appears he has neither. Not everyone has it.

Reaction Score
His decision making is horrible in all other aspects of his life…It would be a huge surprise if he’s made good financial decisions.
I am pretty sure he made multiple lifetime’s worth of money on the Charlotte Hornets sale……pretty sure he made over 2 Billion on the sale….

Reaction Score
I am pretty sure he made multiple lifetime’s worth of money on the Charlotte Hornets sale……pretty sure he made over 2 Billion on the sale….
They're talking about Bouknight

Reaction Score
Not sure why when the #2 pick was a complete no show. He has bust written all over him.
That #2 pick is only his second game and I like that he's doing everything else assists rebounding. His shot/scoring will come.

Reaction Score
That he couldn’t correct with all tools available to him in the pros? smh. Another year and he may have dropped out of lottery.
Doubt it that's why players stay in school do have years of experience before entering thr draft. In college James took bad shots/ shot selection is key in the NBA. Needed to get a little stronger.

Reaction Score
He needed more work at UConn, both in his game and in maturity development. That truth is quite evident, but sadly that's water under the bridge at this point.

Reaction Score
That he couldn’t correct with all tools available to him in the pros? smh. Another year and he may have dropped out of lottery.
Ya how’s that working out for him? Hope he invested wisely!

Reaction Score
He may never live up to his lottery draft slot but anybody who’s watched enough NBA could see he clearly has plenty enough talent and athleticism to be at least a solid role player. The league is litttered with dudes who have a fraction of his talent but have been in the league for years (PJ Tucker, Pat Beverley…etc). Difference is they have the heart and work ethic to make it happen. Bouk is showing he doesn’t have the maturity or mental make up to stick at this level and he’s gonna run out of time if he doesn’t change very soon.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
To me I think he left too early. Should of stayed to correct a few things
Sadly, the things he needs to correct are huge and are not on the basketball court. There are tons of kids playing on the hardtops in the cities who are better than Bouk basketball wise and suffer from the same issues but the big difference is that Bouk was given an opportunity to help himself at UConn but didn't and those around him did nothing to help.

Reaction Score
Time to call Bouk what he is - a bust. Whatever the reason - maturity, lack of drive, fundamentals like playing D or a myraid of other things, he just isn't cutting it. He is getting passed over (playing in the summer league as a 3rd year pro is an indictment). So many guys flame out. Just happens that he's a UCONN dude. Many here still make excuses or hold out hope but it's glaringly apparent that he's not a pro player.

Reaction Score
Because he's a lottery pick playing his third season in the Summer League and he still doesn't look like he does anything well at this level.
He does seem to have perfected standing around in the corner waiting for a pass..........while his teammates move without the ball.

Reaction Score
Methinks Colin Castleton has some game. Man where do the Lakers find these dudes, LOL?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Nice Sanogo interview mixed in here. Great to hear him shoot to be like Xavier Tillman. Looking at their combine stuff, they have pretty similar body types and athleticism. Both 6’7 but Sanogo has a longer wingspan. Great player to model his game after defensively while still being able to have a better offensive game.

Can’t wait to see how he does.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom