NBA playoffs | Page 8 | The Boneyard

NBA playoffs

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I'm not sure I can recall a worse decision by a front office. Just an absolute unmitigated disaster. They went from 30-13 and 2nd in the east to 16-17 getting their a-ss kicked in the first round.
That is what happens when the players run the team. No way that move is made unless one or two of the star players did not go above the coaches head and complain. I think the players need to own this situation. You don’t fire a coach when the team is 30-13 you just don’t do that unless he gets caught up in some off the court behavior. They deserve what they got.

Reaction Score
That is what happens when the players run the team. No way that move is made unless one or two of the star players did not go above the coaches head and complain. I think the players need to own this situation. You don’t fire a coach when the team is 30-13 you just don’t do that unless he gets caught up in some off the court behavior. They deserve what they got.
I think you're probably right. The craziest thing is that Griffin was the players choice to begin with !!!
They hired who the players wanted, then apparently fired him on that same whim.

Now apparently it really was a disaster while he was there. But the whole thing is nuts. Players have been functioning as GM's on certain teams, and it hasn't been going very successfully.

Reaction Score
I'm so happy to see the old guard out. Maybe Antman andthe Wolves can knock out Denver.

Reaction Score
Murray killed em again
This is only his 4th playoffs but Murray is one of the most clutch playoff players ever. It felt like Jokic played like cr@p and he still had 25/20/9.

If the Nuggets don't start showing up in the first half they don't have much of a chance against the Timberwolves.

How does Jokic not take a single free throw?

Reaction Score
How does Jokic not take a single free throw?
That overturned foul late in the 4th was wild. There was contact all over Jokic by AD…certainly enough not to overturn the call.

Reaction Score
I firmly believe the Lakers could have beaten any team except the Nuggets

Porter Jr reaches his full potential against the Lakers. It is unreal the way he plays against them. They have no answer for him.
Give the Lakers a participation trophy banner next to their in season trophy banner.

Reaction Score
Sucks - I really wanted it for LeBron - it’s cool to see a player at his age doing the things he’s doing, and I’d like to see the GOAT go out on top
What he did in that series was incredible. 28/7/9 for the series on 57% shooting and 38% from three. There aren't many guys who have been able to do that at any age. (I do think one area his age really shows up is on the glass - a prime LeBron snares at least a few of the rebounds Denver grabbed to kill them on second chance points.)

Even Jordan was pretty much a shell of himself by 39.

Reaction Score
This is a real tweet from the mayor of LA
Screenshot_20240430_032411_Instagram.jpg

Reaction Score
Sucks - I really wanted it for LeBron - it’s cool to see a player at his age doing the things he’s doing, and I’d like to see the GOAT go out on top
You're missing the /s for "end sarcasm"

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
The Pelicans hit just eight of 34 shots from deep (23.5%)... Hawkins plays 4 minutes.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
A lot of people are picking Minnesota to beat Denver. Not buying that at all, Nuggets match up well against them.

Reaction Score
That overturned foul late in the 4th was wild. There was contact all over Jokic by AD…certainly enough not to overturn the call.
Jokic and Murray shot 49 field goals between them and they took 1 free throw between them.

Reaction Score
What he did in that series was incredible. 28/7/9 for the series on 57% shooting and 38% from three. There aren't many guys who have been able to do that at any age. (I do think one area his age really shows up is on the glass - a prime LeBron snares at least a few of the rebounds Denver grabbed to kill them on second chance points.)

Even Jordan was pretty much a shell of himself by 39.
Not a fair comparison. Jordan hadn't played in 3 years when he came out of retirement a second time to join the Wizards and he had a host of injuries. He was an MVP candidate up to the all-star break and he had completely turned around the Wizards. Once he injured his knee, the Wizards and Jordan were cooked. It's a shame Jordan was injured heading into that season and then had to shut it down because of the torn cartilage.

It's a big what if, Jordan and RIP were 15-1 while playing together before his knee did him in. I would've loved to see what a healthy Jordan and Rip could've done. Jordan shipped Rip out to clear cap space for Kobe which was really close to happening and would've changed the trajectory of the NBA. The even bigger what if with Jordan is would he have won 10 titles had he not retired twice in the heart of his prime.

Lebron's longevity is incredible and it's impressive he's still playing at such a high level. He's logged a tremendous amount of basketball on those legs.

Reaction Score
AD and LeBron were mostly great. Their supporting cast is awful and they couldn’t finish possessions when they needed to.

I don’t know what the Lakers need to do, but they need to figure out how to get some shooters while balancing the roster out. Wood, Vanderbilt, Vincent, Dinwiddie, Reddish, Prince, etc. didn’t live up to expectations at all.

They lost 4-1 but were -11 in the whole series. The Nuggets are simply a better set up team and have guys that will hit shots. I think next year is LeBron’s last year, so he needs to make a decision how he wants it to end.

Reaction Score
AD and LeBron were mostly great. Their supporting cast is awful and they couldn’t finish possessions when they needed to.

I don’t know what the Lakers need to do, but they need to figure out how to get some shooters while balancing the roster out. Wood, Vanderbilt, Vincent, Dinwiddie, Reddish, Prince, etc. didn’t live up to expectations at all.

They lost 4-1 but were -11 in the whole series. The Nuggets are simply a better set up team and have guys that will hit shots. I think next year is LeBron’s last year, so he needs to make a decision how he wants it to end.
Winner Winner Win GIF by GIPHY Studios 2021

Michael Porter Jr was fantastic, Aaron Gordon provided some good scoring (29 pts in game 3) and hustle and dirty work, and KCP was steady. Last but not least, Jamal Murray is super clutch and alleviates a lot of the scoring burden for Jokic. Bottom line, for the most part we knew and Mike Mallone knew what he would get out of those guys, where as the same can't be said for Austin Reeves, DeAngelo Russell, Rui Hachimura, Taurean Prince, Spencer Dinwiddie (boy has he fallen from grace), etc.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom