NBA Playoffs start Saturday. A lot of great first round | The Boneyard

NBA Playoffs start Saturday. A lot of great first round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
matchups involving some young, very talented and extremely exciting players and teams. And of course there are several of our favorite former Huskies on the rosters of these teams. After the college hoops season ends(in our case wonderfully) it is great to have such high level hoops going on well into June. Former Huskies involved with playoff teams include:

Ray Allen - Miami Heat
Caron Butler - Oklahoma City Thunder
Jeremy Lamb - Oklahoma City Thunder
Hasheem Thabeet - Oklahoma City Thunder
Kemba Walker - Charlotte Bobcats

As you know there are several other former UConn players in the NBA with non-playoff teams(Rudy Gay - Sacramento Kings, Jeff Adrien - Milwaukee Bucks, Andre Drummond - Detroit Pistons, Emeka Okafor - Phoenix Suns, Charlie Villanueva - Detroit Pistons). Ben Gordon was waived by the Bobcats on March 2nd. A.J. Price was waived by the T-Wolves on April 3rd. Richard Hamilton was waived by the Bulls on July 10, 2013. Have not heard about future playing plans for Gordon and Price. "Rip" was interviewed on TV during NCAA Tournament and is confident that still has hoops to play and value for some NBA team.

At any rate I'm looking forward to several weeks of great playoff basketball; and am very hopeful that one of the teams will knock King James off his bloody, freakin' perch! I really enjoy watching the Thunder,Pacers,Warriors and Blazers play. Any one of them grabbing the NBA trophy would suit me just fine. :)

140417103008-playoff-graphic.home-t3.jpg

GO HUSKIES!!!
2014 NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!
"DOUBLE TROUBLE!!!"

Reaction Score
It would be great if more Huskies were in the playoffs.

Isn't it crazy that after all of these years and all of the Uconn alums in the nba, Ray Allen is at the top of the list? 1996 was almost 20 years ago!!!

I'll try to catch some of the Bobcats games just so I can see Kemba, but I'm pulling for OKC: really like Durant and love Caron, HT and Lamb!

Reaction Score
Kemba vs Lebron? No problem bobcats advance, kemba is gonna put the team on his back

Reaction Score
It’s the NBA. The Heat will be in the finals in part due to their skill and the refs for the NBA’s money team make the college refs for Kentucky/Duke, etc. appear to be the most unbiased folks on the face of the planet.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
The playoffs have been seriously fun to watch in recent years. Last year the Miami/Indy and Miami/SA series were incredible. It will be fun to watch Kemba this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom