NBA Draft Combine | Page 18 | The Boneyard

NBA Draft Combine

Reaction Score
Clingan was also in foul trouble in the 2nd half and wasn't playing as tough defense as he was before. I think Clingan did a great job using his length to make it hard for Edey to score.
Clingan did foul a lot but the refs swallowed their whistles all season when it appeared that Edey committed a foul.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Well who are we going to get to play the four. Maybe no one.

Well deserved AK.

Starting lineup:
Diarra
Mahaney
McNeely
Stewart
Johnson

Off the bench:
Nowell
Reed
Ball
Ross/Abraham

There is a lot a versatility with that group.

Reaction Score
Well who are we going to get to play the four. Maybe no one.

Well deserved AK.

Starting lineup:
Diarra
Mahaney
McNeely
Stewart
Johnson

Off the bench:
Nowell
Reed
Ball
Ross/Abraham

There is a lot a versatility with that group.
Stewart will get first try and he is almost the same size as Karaban with a more inconsistent out side shot but is a better athlete. I think he is going to make a jump and become a start player from what I saw at the end of the season.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
There are a lot of rumblings about Castle. That he is unwilling to workout for teams with a starting PG in place, that he views himself as a PG that was playing out of position in college. Personally, I think he should be more open minded to playing SG/Wing.

Reaction Score
There are a lot of rumblings about Castle. That he is unwilling to workout for teams with a starting PG in place, that he views himself as a PG that was playing out of position in college. Personally, I think he should be more open minded to playing SG/Wing.
NBA is position less. Castle is a 1/2 like Jrue Holiday.

There are actually three positions in nba.

Guard
Wing
Big man

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Been seeing a lot of Twitter talk from Purdue fans complaining that Clingan is mocked much higher than Edey even though Edey is beating him in the physical drills and "destroyed him" in the championship game.
Final Four Sport GIF by NCAA March Madness

Scoreboard baby, scoreboard!

Before the game my Purdue fan friend assured me that Connecticut was going to have to double Edey and when they did he'd pass out for open threes. I told him that I expected that we would play him one on one, make him work for his points and for the rest of the team to beat us, if they could. (He disagreed confidently saying that everybody doubles Edey.)

Well as it turned out he was wrong. Being able to play Edey straight up, was the key to that victory. The rest of that team was never going to beat us.

Reaction Score
This is likely mostly just agent posturing to guide him to certain destinations. Probably wants to go to San Antonio and not Charlotte.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Seems like he’s really against having a similar situation to what happened here (outside of the championship of course).

I’m totally with him as a 6’6 PG who can play lockdown defense is a lot more valuable than a 6’6 playmaking wing who might have struggles shooting. He can get away with his shooting struggles if he’s making guys around him better, something he’s very capable of.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Also, if that’s true his options are probably looking like the Spurs, Jazz at 10, or Bulls at 11.

Reaction Score
There seems to be a lot of talk in here as if Karaban is definitely or likely gone -- where is this coming from?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
There seems to be a lot of talk in here as if Karaban is definitely or likely gone -- where is this coming from?
In my case, the tea leaves. He wants to go, and there's been plenty of positive feedback after the combine.

Reaction Score

Before the game my Purdue fan friend assured me that Connecticut was going to have to double Edey and when they did he'd pass out for open threes. I told him that I expected that we would play him one on one, make him work for his points and for the rest of the team to beat us, if they could. (He disagreed confidently saying that everybody doubles Edey.)

Well as it turned out he was wrong. Being able to play Edey straight up, was the key to that victory. The rest of that team was never going to beat us.
Edey padded his stats late with I believe 10 points in the final 4-5 minutes with UConn guarding the 3 point line and willing to give up 2s while up around 15 points. The post earlier mentioning Edey’s 10 minute or so game time dry spell was where UConn won the game.

dingaling

“There’s no better feeling than winning.” K.Powers
Reaction Score

It must have felt great to be right

Reaction Score
Edey played 39 minutes scored 37 points and collected 10 rebounds.
DC played 31 minutes scored 11 points and collected 5 rebounds.

Boilermakers not named Edey scored 23 points and collected 18 rebounds.
Huskies not named Clingan scored 64 points and collected 30 rebounds.

These numbers reflect the respective game plans more than anything else.

Reaction Score
If this is true I’m shocked he was willing to go to UConn with Newton on the team. Major major appreciation for the sacrifice.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It must have felt great to be right
It felt great to win, especially to win decisively. How it happened really didn't matter one way or the other.

UconnU

Reaction Score
If this is true I’m shocked he was willing to go to UConn with Newton on the team. Major major appreciation for the sacrifice.
I agree. But there seems to be some truth to it. Sidery knows some stuff.

IMG_0912.jpeg

I just think he’s selling himself short boxing himself into the PG position. His measurements, and skill set at 19, are nearly identical to DeMarr Derozan, who primarily played the 3.

Reaction Score

View attachment 100876

I just think he’s selling himself short boxing himself into the PG position. His measurements, and skill set at 19, are nearly identical to DeMarr Derozan, who primarily played the 3.
He's not selling himself short, it's the only leverage he has to try to get to the best spot of the teams picking in the top 10

Reaction Score
It seemed that way at least initially from his positive performances at the combine but after Jared Kloter’s recent podcast with him others believe that he may be coming back. Who knows?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

View attachment 100876

Saw the post you replied to. I don’t think he came to UConn with the expectation that he wouldn’t play PG. It probably came as a surprise to him that Newton stayed (especially because he had his senior night prior to the end of last season).

He made the most of it though.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Saw the post you replied to. I don’t think he came to UConn with the expectation that he wouldn’t play PG. It probably came as a surprise to him that Newton stayed (especially because he had his senior night prior to the end of last season).

He made the most of it though.
I think there’s more to him not having the ball in his hands here, it’s not like he just didn’t play PG, he never even initiated offense in an offense where multiple players are being used to initiate. There were an inordinate amount of plays where he wasn’t involved in the offense at all. If Tristan had left I think Hassan would have started because our offense is mostly about making quick decisions on where to go with the ball depending on what the defense does. I don’t think that’s his strong suit. I think he’s more of a feel player who prefers to play at his own pace and decide for himself where the ball goes. He’s probably the most talent freshman we’ve ever had, but he wasnt the best system fit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom