NBA Bound Stephan | Page 10 | The Boneyard

NBA Bound Stephan

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I agree with this. If someone thinks Nelson’s wrong, then show up with some facts. Me, I have no idea one way or the other, but if someone has something to show then put it out there like Nelson does. That’s all. Don’t just disparage. Nb

Disclaimer: I don’t know NelsonMuntz or even where that name comes from.

Thanks for the support. Unfortunately, about 1/4 of the people on this board are just here to recycle canned internet insults at other posters ("mindboggling"). Yawn.

husky429 actually agrees with me a fair amount of the time, but he has gone all in on attacking me, and is too chickenspit to admit he was wrong.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I think there’s a little bit of an issue where Steph is so used to being a lead On ball guard he almost looks lost at times without the ball. He played on the ball so much in AAU and HS. But this offense is an offense where we truly share the ball 1-4 and run some complicated stuff. Like the way he looks when he has the ball tho. Looked good Tuesday.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Think Boatright and Jalen Adams would like to have a word.

He’s probably one of the best finishers of the Hurley era. But that’s also because a lot of guys during this time have been really bad around the rim.
Also Bouknight was pretty good around the rim.

Reaction Score
Best finisher around the hoop since Kemba Walker. I feel very confident when he has the ball around the hoop. Needs to work on his shooting, but around the hoop he’s a pure natural. Love to watch him. Jason Williams good around the hoop.
We had one of if not the best finisher around the hoop on the team just last year.

Reaction Score
We had one of if not the best finisher around the hoop on the team just last year.
I'm making two assumptions here. You're talking about Sanogo and the poster you're replying too is referring to the guard position.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
He’s in his own head and thinking too much when jump shooting. I’m glad he’s hitting his free throws at least.

If he was shooting 33% or so from 3 he’d be getting #1 pick buzz. He’s that good at everything else. He has the best eurostep of any guard we’ve had in recent memory.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't know what people expect from Castle. He is a freshman, and I think he is playing really well for a freshman. Not as good as Walker or Napier were as frosh, but he has plenty of time to improve and catch up to where they were by the end of their freshmen year.

As for the draft, the teams that are drafting on potential alone aren't going to care much what he does this year as long as he improves a little by the end of the season. Any teams that want immediate production out of their draft pick are not picking Castle. So it doesn't really matter that much for the draft what he does the rest of the season, as long as he doesn't completely faceplant.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Thanks for the support. Unfortunately, about 1/4 of the people on this board are just here to recycle canned internet insults at other posters ("mindboggling"). Yawn.

husky429 actually agrees with me a fair amount of the time, but he has gone all in on attacking me, and is too chickenspit to admit he was wrong.
You literally acknowledged the validity of someone suggesting that you are an obvious troll as the opening of the sentence in which you claimed yourself to be 100% right. Are you being attacked for your periodically offered thoughtful, referenced arguments (arguably though not inarguably, posts 198 or 200, which appeared only after some pushback), or for your hyperbolic self-certainty, sarcasm, and bad faith when you make assertions that cannot and do not hold up to closer scrutiny? I submit that it is the latter that compromises your ability to be trusted, and that you possess and reject the opportunity to remedy this self-chosen deficiency within this community.

Nelson is one of the most obvious trolls I’ve come across in all my days reading message boards
Your reply...
I might be, but I am also 100% right that the current NBA draft strategy by lottery teams is completely broken.
Hmm, really?
Anyone who starts an opinion with "I am also 100% right" is not going to be reasoned with.
...or be 100% right.
Definitely not every single NBA front office. There are quite a few teams that just keep dumping draft picks.
You are right. Half of the first round of the 2017 draft is no longer playing in the NBA. The draft is working great!!!!
I agree with this. If someone thinks Nelson’s wrong, then show up with some facts. Me, I have no idea one way or the other, but if someone has something to show then put it out there like Nelson does. That’s all. Don’t just disparage. Nb

Provocation and antagonism is a key 'feature' of your presence here. Its use makes your whining about being attacked sound empty and disingenuous. Like any failed bully, you complain when criticized. Consider that, and see if right-sizing yourself might or might not improve things for yourself and others. Just a suggestion.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You literally acknowledged the validity of someone suggesting that you are an obvious troll as the opening of the sentence in which you claimed yourself to be 100% right. Are you being attacked for your periodically offered thoughtful, referenced arguments (arguably though not inarguably, posts 198 or 200, which appeared only after some pushback), or for your hyperbolic self-certainty, sarcasm, and bad faith when you make assertions that cannot and do not hold up to closer scrutiny? I submit that it is the latter that compromises your ability to be trusted, and that you possess and reject the opportunity to remedy this self-chosen deficiency within this community.

Your reply...

Hmm, really?

Provocation and antagonism is a key 'feature' of your presence here. Its use makes your whining about being attacked sound empty and disingenuous. Like any failed bully, you complain when criticized. Consider that, and see if right-sizing yourself might or might not improve things for yourself and others. Just a suggestion.

I find this post validating. Thank you.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I don't know what people expect from Castle. He is a freshman, and I think he is playing really well for a freshman. Not as good as Walker or Napier were as frosh, but he has plenty of time to improve and catch up to where they were by the end of their freshmen year.

As for the draft, the teams that are drafting on potential alone aren't going to care much what he does this year as long as he improves a little by the end of the season. Any teams that want immediate production out of their draft pick are not picking Castle. So it doesn't really matter that much for the draft what he does the rest of the season, as long as he doesn't completely faceplant.
It’s been a few games but he’s definitely more talented than both as a frosh and as far as playing well, he just hasn’t had enough games to say one way or another.

Kemba is a high freshmen year bar to top but Bazz was pretty much a solid role player. He may be better than him now and he should be by the end of the year.

Would like to remind everyone Castle has played 2 games back as a starter and is coming off a game where he had 14 4 and 7 on one missed shot. Kid is going to be fine.

Reaction Score

Agreeing with you should be (and is) a badge of shame on this board. I've got enough bad PR on here already--don't do that to me.

Also, if you want to use someone's name, you really should be classy about it and use the @ so it loops me into the conversation and I can respond accordingly. Talk about chickenspit.

Reaction Score

Your reply...

Hmm, really?

It's not worth this much effort, my friend. I'm not convinced he can read better than a 4th-grade level.

I'd tell you not to feed the troll at all, but I'd be lying if I said I don't love the drama.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Agreeing with you should be (and is) a badge of shame on this board. I've got enough bad PR on here already--don't do that to me.

Also, if you want to use someone's name, you really should be classy about it and use the @ so it loops me into the conversation and I can respond accordingly. Talk about chickenspit.

Proving my point.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Proving my point.
Which one?
How so?

I'm pretty sure that your most effective way to prove your point is to demonstrate (quote?) @husky429 agreeing with you "a fair amount of the time," and you'd help your case if you strengthened your own record of admitting when you are in error.

Be the change you wish to see. Build on your claimed strengths. Again, these are suggestions.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I can’t believe this thread lasted this long.

Reaction Score
But you have heard of “the Simpsons”, right?
Yes to that. But I never watched it. There were so many Homer Simpson references over the years that I am familiar with what he looks like.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
The Joker Popcorn GIF

Reaction Score

This is rich coming from you. Not that anyone would ever accuse you of self-awareness.

But you also sometimes post rather reasonable, intelligent, if not insightful things like this

You're an enigma if nothing else.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom