Navy win in AAC Championship could paralyze bowl system | The Boneyard

Navy win in AAC Championship could paralyze bowl system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If Navy beats Temple on Saturday in the AAC Championship game it throws a monkey wrench into the bowl selection process because the selection committee would then have to wait for the outcome of the Army-Navy game the following week. As I read the article posted below, I also reflected on the fact that had UCONN not lost the 28-24 heartbreaker to Navy they would have had the distinction of beating the highest ranked AAC team three years in a row. Oh well, you know me, always looking for a bright spot!

Source: Navy win could 'paralyze' bowl system

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Seriously. Anything to pi$$ in the Cherrios of the NYD6 bowl committee. However, in reality, Navy is 9-2 and ranked in the high teems at best for CFP purposes. If they win this week, it really only affects a couple bowls and less than a handful of teams.

Reaction Score
If W. MI wins, then nothing changes. Navy does not jump over an undefeated school to get the NY 6 bowl slot. If W MI loses and Navy wins, then 1 slot is held open for the NY6 for either W. MI or Navy, whichever is higher ranked. The trickle down effect to the MAC and AAC affiliated bowls is not significant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom