Navy opens at -7 1/2 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Navy opens at -7 1/2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
This quote from Diaco would seem to echo the OP's thoughts as well as my own.

Mike Anthony ‏@ManthonyCourant 5h5 hours ago
Diaco on preparing for triple option in one week: "Impossible." Part of preseason camp devoted to it, though.

I was thinking this was one reason BC was able to slow down GT. They had fall camp to prepare. Much tougher task later in the season with only one week.

Reaction Score
Agreed
I was thinking this was one reason BC was able to slow down GT. They had fall camp to prepare. Much tougher task later in the season with only one week.
Agreed. Since Diaco has gotten here he has maintained pretty much the same thought and regards to game planning for the triple option. When it is so different from 90% of the main stream schemes you will play in a season, it takes a lot to prepare for it.

Reaction Score
Covers.com has it down to 3.5 with 72% of the public betting Navy. Maybe Whaler or someone can help me out here - if the line opens at 7.5 and the vast majority of the public are on the favorite, why is the line trending down?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Covers.com has it down to 3.5 with 72% of the public betting Navy. Maybe Whaler or someone can help me out here - if the line opens at 7.5 and the vast majority of the public are on the favorite, why is the line trending down?

The line is set to get even action on both sides. If 72% are on Navy, the line will rise. A 4 point drop in the spread would be enormous had it been done just as a response to the action. I believe it was dropped because it was originally set before the QB was officially ruled out.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I never bet my team as the favorite. I hate the feeling of winning a game and losing a bet (See UConn v. Duke in 2004 FF).

If I were betting UConn this year, the only bet I'd take is the under on every game. Knowing BD's offensive and defensive philosophies the most consistent guarantee is low scoring games. Won't win every one but betting under is the highest confidence bet I could make for each game the whole season.

Reaction Score

I think that % is on the current line, not since it opened.

Reaction Score
The line is set to get even action on both sides. If 72% are on Navy, the line will rise. A 4 point drop in the spread would be enormous had it been done just as a response to the action. I believe it was dropped because it was originally set before the QB was officially ruled out.
Cannot believe people still think this is how it works. This is just plain wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom