National Semifinal for the National Championship? | The Boneyard

National Semifinal for the National Championship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With the loss for Baylor, does the national semi-final, likely to be a rematch of ND and Uconn, essentially become the game that determines the national champion?

Hard to believe that both ND and Uconn won't reach the final, and I think either team can beat Cal, Georgia, Louisville, and Tennessee.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I didnt realize that until Kara mentioned it after the game, but Louisville/Tennessee/Georgia/Cal will play for a national title.

That's parity folks.....

and I love it...

Reaction Score
If tonight shows anything, anything can happen.
And there are many cases of the supposed winner losing.

Reaction Score
UConn/ND will be favorites in every game they play except the semi which would seem like a coin flip.

Lots can happen before and after that though. Personally, Kentucky has me a little worried at this point. I think UConn should win, but UK just seems like the wrong team at the wrong time. Hopefully it'll all work out OK. We still owe ND a semi-final loss.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Notre Dame v Tennesee final. That would simply be fugly for me as a UConn fan. Normally I'd be OK with ND but given 4 losses in one season and the realignment I'd simply be hating them.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
UConn/ND will be favorites in every game they play except the semi which would seem like a coin flip.

Lots can happen before and after that though. Personally, Kentucky has me a little worried at this point. I think UConn should win, but UK just seems like the wrong team at the wrong time. Hopefully it'll all work out OK. We still owe ND a semi-final loss.
What makes Kentucky the wrong team?

Against the best defense in the country, Kentucky is a poor shooting not great ball handling team.

What could possibly be wrong about the time?

Jmpenn

LVFan; Equitable Visitor
Reaction Score
I don't think many would have predicted that Louisville, GA, TN, or Cal would be in the championship game during the season or especially after the brackets came out. Your side of the bracket is definitely stronger but as we just saw anything can happen. Crazy game.

Reaction Score
It's mostly about their style of play and our injuries. I don't think they would be much to worry about if Stef wasn't hobbled. If they can take her out of the game we'll have a tough time. We could still win, but it will be a tough game if Stef isn't a factor.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
There's a lot of basketball left. There could be three BE teams in the FF, but there could be three SEC teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom