Natalie Butler | The Boneyard

Natalie Butler

Reaction Score
Minnesota need a back up for Fowles, Natalie would be ideal .Sword and Mercedes are on rosters and neither are better players.Perhaps ,someone on this thread that have connections with the LYNX would contact and make that suggestion.She can shoot,rebound and make free throws. Think McCarville ,but at least 5 inches taller. Just a thought.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Minnesota need a back up for Fowles, Natalie would be ideal .Sword and Mercedes are on rosters and neither are better players.Perhaps ,someone on this thread that have connections with the LYNX would contact and make that suggestion.She can shoot,rebound and make free throws. Think McCarville ,but at least 5 inches taller. Just a thought.

Willie..........................Butler was drafted by the wings in the 3rd round in the latest WNBA draft. They looked at her in drills, intra squad and preseason games over the next 24 days. She was subsequently waived May 10, no other team picked her up. BTW, not a single player drafted in the 3rd round in this draft is in the league as of today. They were ALL waived.

If the Wings or any other franchise felt she could add value to their team, or could help them win games, they would have claimed her, like the Las Vegas Aces claimed Lindsey Allen after she was waived by the New York Liberty, or the Indiana Fever recently claimed Cappie Pondexter after being waived by the LA Sparks. Every team knows she's unsigned and available. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Independant of whether Natalie could effectively play in the WNBA, I find the comparison of Bulter to McCarville remarkable. Hard to think of 2 more different Post players

In her Lynx stint.

McCarville was one of the best passers out of the center position ever, Natalie is not.
McCarville had range out to 3pt, Natalie does not.

On the other side, I would guess Natalie has the rebounding advantage but not that much.

Reaction Score
Listen, Natalie had a nice senior season at George Mason and she seems like a really bright and lovely woman, but have you watched her play? Like, for real? She just doesn't have the skill set, athleticism, or quickness to play at that level.

Reaction Score
I think you are awesome, Willie!

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Call it oxygen deprivation or senillity. I saw Natalie and thought BigMommaStef!

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Being cut does not mean you can't play.How many times were Quigley cut? Just a though, I was one of the few that believed Tiffany and KML were capable of playing in the League.Time will tell ,but Natalie still might surprise some of us. Took Allie 5 years .Just for fun ,who would you take; Natalie, Mercedes or Sword?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Call it oxygen deprivation or senillity. I saw Natalie and thought BigMommaStef!

Bad eyes? Cataracts? You do realize from this point forward no one can take seriously any thing you write? :rolleyes:;) Seriously Stef?!

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
She left became UConn didn’t have the masters prgram she was looking for
Well, at least she had a unique reason to transfer.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Being cut does not mean you can't play.How many times were Quigley cut? Just a though, I was one of the few that believed Tiffany and KML were capable of playing in the League.Time will tell ,but Natalie still might surprise some of us. Took Allie 5 years .Just for fun ,who would you take; Natalie, Mercedes or Sword?

Russell, hands down.

Butler is not a WNBA caliber player. She never was able to become a force at UCONN when they badly needed height, and then she went on to dominate a very weak conferenceher senior year which led to gaudy numbers. She had a great collegiate career where she got the best of both worlds, playing on championship teams and also finding individual success at lesser programs. She's not a WNBA caliber player though. Doesn't have the quickness, athleticism, skill or ability.

I think she'll have a productive career overseas, and who knows, she could prove me wrong and find a career in the W like Quigley/Latoya Sanders(Pringle)/Erlana Larkins were able to do even after they struggled to find footing. She has an uphill battle though--currently we have a crop of young talented posts who are struggling to make an impact in the league (Russell, Mavunga, Vadeeva, Gulich, Billings, etc) and all of them bring more to the table than Butler. I'm guessing a couple of those players will not be in the league next year either with another strong rookie class on the horizon.

Reaction Score
Willie......Butler was drafted by the wings in the 3rd round in the latest WNBA draft. They looked at her in drills, intra squad and preseason games over the next 24 days. She was subsequently waived May 10, no other team picked her up. BTW, not a single player drafted in the 3rd round in this draft is in the league as of today. They were ALL waived.

If the Wings or any other franchise felt she could add value to their team, or could help them win games, they would have claimed her, like the Las Vegas Aces claimed Lindsey Allen after she was waived by the New York Liberty, or the Indiana Fever recently claimed Cappie Pondexter after being waived by the LA Sparks. Every team knows she's unsigned and available. :cool:
You are correct though Teana Muldrow (W.Virg) drafted in 3rd round and made the Storm for 5 games and was cut and picked up by Wings for 5 games and cut again very recently

Reaction Score
I was wrong on Tiffany Hayes (first year I’ve liked Hayes a lot) and kind of wrong on KML. Least KML is finally contributing which is good to see. Previously she was taking up space for 3 long years. Her lack of development those 3 years hurt the Storm. Reason it’s an issue is she was taken so high. Rookies are contributing this year. No waiting 4 yrs to help your team.
Between Sword Russell and Butler, Sword if it was just for this year. I don’t think any of them belong in the league but there is a shortage for good back up centers. My favorite back up is Kelsey Bone. She gets after it.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
You are correct though Teana Muldrow (W.Virg) drafted in 3rd round and made the Storm for 5 games and was cut and picked up by Wings for 5 games and cut again very recently

You are correct. I remember Muldrow getting into a game for the Wings in the waning minutes a week or so ago. I checked each player drafted in the 3rd round just moments before I posted my comment. So as of the time stamp on my post, there were no 3rd round draftees in the league.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
If Butler is a W-quality player then Geno f.ed up beyond belief and blew 2 NCs.

Reaction Score
If Butler is a W-quality player then Geno f.ed up beyond belief and blew 2 NCs.
Say whatever you want about my mother but don’t knock GENO!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom