Natalie Butler played her last college game | The Boneyard

Natalie Butler played her last college game

Reaction Score
She went out with a 26 point, 20 rebound performance in the WNIT. There should be a name for a double double in which both points and rebounds are at least 20. Looking forward to watching her in the W. She's a great young woman.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Butler's last year was a memorable one. She'll never forget her season at George Mason, neither will their fan base. She gave them a lot to cheer for, and get excited about. Bravo Natalie Butler, you went out a winner, and you went out on your terms. :)

Reaction Score
I just checked her stats while at UCONN. She led team in rebounds per 40 both years she played ( I knew she had last year but did not know about the 15/16 season with Stewart)

She also averaged a double double per 40 both years (1 of 3 players in 16/17 and 1 of 4 players in 15/16).

Though she did turn the ball over (IMO due to her hand injury) her per 40 BRATS were still in the top 4 each year.

Her one and only start at UCONN was a Double Double.

Between GT, UCONN and GM She has acquired quite the list of accomplishments

Congrats Nat on a great collegiate career and wish you the best in what ever you decide to do in your future.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You wrote yourself quite a story Natalie. Very proud to be a fan of yours. Go forth and prosper.
Wonderful story. A view on Nat that some may or may not share. I always felt that she would have been a major contributor at UConn if her thumb injury never happened. Was frustrated for all concerned to watch her not be able to catch or handle ball in UConn's motion offense. Anyone who watched her this past year would have seen a fluid, confident player that likely would have earned major minutes. Much for skilled than she showed with the bad thumb as a Huskie.

Reaction Score
She went out with a 26 point, 20 rebound performance in the WNIT. There should be a name for a double double in which both points and rebounds are at least 20. Looking forward to watching her in the W. She's a great young woman.
The W as in the WNBA?

Reaction Score
I just checked her stats while at UCONN. She led team in rebounds per 40 both years she played ( I knew she had last year but did not know about the 15/16 season with Stewart)

She also averaged a double double per 40 both years (1 of 3 players in 16/17 and 1 of 4 players in 15/16).

Though she did turn the ball over (IMO due to her hand injury) her per 40 BRATS were still in the top 4 each year.

Congrats Nat on a great collegiate career and wish you the best in what ever you decide to do in your future.
Great post! Nice digging. It really has been a great career. I hope she has enjoyed her time.

Reaction Score
Butler had a great year but she is nowhere near being a WNBA level player!

Despite your "nowhere near" certainty and the use of an exclamation point I will tell you that your estimation of her prospects in the WNBA is an underestimation of her talent and value. IMO and without exclamatory punctuation.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Sorry but per 40 stats dont mean anything.

Reaction Score
Despite your "nowhere near" certainty and the use of an exclamation point I will tell you that your estimation of her prospects in the WNBA is an underestimation of her talent and value. IMO and without exclamatory punctuation.

You are certainly entitled to your own opinion.

Reaction Score
I will be shocked if she plays in the WNBA. I wish her well, but I don't think she is anywhere near talented or athletic enough.

Reaction Score
First congrats Natalie! Excellent career!
While she surely won't be an NBA star, I do believe there are a # of teams that will gladly have her as a backup on the middle. She's adapted well to three very different roles, teams and cultures. She also brings a lot as a teammate and human being, in addition other playing and skill set.
Bronx23

Reaction Score
Do you mean WNBA? No chance she survives there IMHO.

Reaction Score
I will be shocked if she plays in the WNBA. I wish her well, but I don't think she is anywhere near talented or athletic enough.
You mean she set a new NCAA mark for rebounding in a season, led her league in scoring, and tied the single season NCAA record for double doubles and consecutive double doubles without enough talent or athleticism to be a backup in the W. Boy, that was lucky.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom