Natalie Butler in uniform tonight. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Natalie Butler in uniform tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cincy is a perfect intro game. Should be an easy win, AAC opener that will allow NB to shine. SNY at 7:00, you bet!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I think that if I were Geno, I would have done exactly as he did. In fact, if I were Geno I would be bound to think exactly like Geno (that is, I think, inescapable) and if I thought exactly like Geno I would do exactly as Geno does. Ipso facto, eh Kibs?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think that if I were Geno, I would have done exactly as he did. In fact, if I were Geno I would be bound to think exactly like Geno (that is, I think, inescapable) and if I thought exactly like Geno I would do exactly as Geno does. Ipso facto, eh Kibs?
Are you Geno?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

More like res ipsa loquitur in your case Zorro. ;)

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
One thing Natalie brings, none of the others do, is when Natalie, Morgan, and Stewie are in the game together, who guards Stewie?

Was just talking about this very issue with Frodo. Stewie is a matchup nightmare even when her defender can get a little defensive help, but having Butler in the low post will likely prevent teams from doubling up on Stewie. It also gives Geno more options with Stewie on the defensive end when you've got Butler clogging up the lane.

Reaction Score
I agree with huskyd and all the other Natalie Butler supporters. Brionna Jones would not have had such an easy time near the basket. She would have been even more tired with a 6'5" big bodying her up. Morgan and Breanna would have had much more freedom to roam and grab rebounds. For all the Natalie doubters, the Maryland game was the perfect example of Natalie's value to the team. She would be valuable anyway, but against team with big bodies, she becomes that much more valuable.

Reaction Score
She was warming up with the team and from my view was rebounding and passing and everything with that hand just fine! Perhaps next game for her!
I was at the game as well and was thrilled to see her in uniform. But once the game began I was happy that she didn't play. I'm a part of the group that that thinks Natalie will be a star for us. I've been excited to see her play since her transfer was announced, but Monday's game was not the one for her to burst onto the UCONN stage.

Maryland, as it turns out, is a very good team. Some on the Board have suggested that we offered up our "B" game at the Garden, but that I think unfairly slights Maryland; the team, the players, and their game plan. They were big and tough in the paint, and fast in transition.

There was a good reason that they led in the second half; they played the game the same way that we do; they moved the ball well, they shot well, they rebounded well, and they were quick on defense. We prevailed, but we had to work very hard to do so, and by five minutes in I thought that Monday was not the night for Natalie's debut.

Let her nurse that thumb through the AAC season and be ready for Alaina Coates in February. Then if we meet the Terp's again in April we will have her to keep Jones from getting her way inside.

This team is not yet last year's team. Geno said it in the postgame. We haven't yet replaced last year's seniors, but we have candidates on the roster that should be able to step up and help us this year to be tough inside and deadly from behind the arc.

I didn't want to see one of those girls get punished inside on her first game back. In two months she'll be doing the punishing, but for now I'm happier seeing her play in her first game as a Husky tonight.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
@HuskyNan I agree that it would have been a lot to ask of Natalie to play last night. Still, Geno doesn't take many transfers (understatement.) I think she'll do well when the time comes.

Do you have any idea when the bandage come off?
HOPEFULLY, we will not see this question again: "Will Butler play tonight?"

Reaction Score
Geno would pick tonight to play her, just my luck! I'm in Ontario and just found out that Watch ESPN isn't available for viewing outside the US. Only here for a few days, hopefully my DVR doesn't fail to record.

Reaction Score
Geno would pick tonight to play her, just my luck! I'm in Ontario and just found out that Watch ESPN isn't available for viewing outside the US. Only here for a few days, hopefully my DVR doesn't fail to record.

WatchESPN also does replays sometimes I think, and there's usually the husky games website too... plenty of options to rewatch the game!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Are you Geno?
Well, no. But if I were......
Hm. That was supposed to terminate in an ellipse. I guess no elipses allowed on the BY, eh?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Good stats for Butler in her first game back after a long time away from actual game play. I didn't get to see the game but I will look for a replay so that I can see her in action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom