Narduzzi | The Boneyard

Narduzzi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Congratulations to Coach Narduzzi for leaving a MAJOR footprint on the 2016 college football season. Thanks again Warde.

Reaction Score
I got news for you Pitt won in spite of Narduzzi. His defensive play calling was awful, consistently leaving over matched corners on an island against far better athletes on the outside. If you want to congratulate somebody, congratulate Matt Canada. He has been an excellent play caller for Pitt, demonstrating high levels of creativity in his game plans. He'll be a HC soon.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Did you catch the name of the kicker who made the game winning kick for Pitt? His name was Chris Blewitt. Not a good name for a kicker. Imagine the guff he would have taken if he. . . . . . .er blew it. I wonder if his middle name is Effen.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
This is Narduzzi's 2nd year at Pitt, so he did not win with his recruits.

Yeah, I know it's Narduzzi's second year. I follow college football too. Maybe not all but a decent number. And he obviously coached most of them up.

Reaction Score
Pitt is loaded with 5th year sr's on the roster. The defense has been giving up 30+ most of the year. I don't know if I would say Duz won this game. I would say if Dabo punted the ball instead of going for it on 4th...Clemson wold still be in the playoffs. But still a great win in a tough place to play.

Reaction Score
This is Narduzzi's 2nd year at Pitt, so he did not win with his recruits.
Yeah, I know it's Narduzzi's second year. I follow college football too. Maybe not all but a decent number.

Actually not many @ all. Of 2015/2016 classes - only 15 see any action and only 5 start. I'm not sure how many of the 2015 class were actually PN's recruits in the first place (hired in Dec.).

Reaction Score
There is no evidence that Narduzzi was Warde's first choice. Warde always claimed Diaco was his first choice. Narduzzi claimed he wasn't interested about 2 hours before Diaco was hired. Warde was in South Bend when that Narduzzi blurb hit the news. My guess is Diaco was the choice and Narduzzi's agent tried to save face in the press. Retrospectively, who cares? Narduzzi is better.

Reaction Score
There is no evidence that Narduzzi was Warde's first choice. Warde always claimed Diaco was his first choice. Narduzzi claimed he wasn't interested about 2 hours before Diaco was hired. Warde was in South Bend when that Narduzzi blurb hit the news. My guess is Diaco was the choice and Narduzzi's agent tried to save face in the press. Retrospectively, who cares? Narduzzi is better.

IMO the evidence was the pay raise Narduzzi got. But you're right, it's quibbling. too bad Narduzzi waited for a better deal.

Reaction Score
Actually not many @ all. Of 2015/2016 classes - only 15 see any action and only 5 start. I'm not sure how many of the 2015 class were actually PN's recruits in the first place (hired in Dec.).

whatever. I haven't analyzed the participation report. Take out the recruiting equation and Narduzzi just beat the No. 2 team in the country. Good enough for me

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Narduzzi took his name out of the running for the UConn job. The reason is rumored to be that UConn's assistant coaching pool was not as lucrative. I say it over and over and over again - you get what you pay for. We have to devote the proper financial backing to assemble an entire football staff to turn this around and before I am quoted with the standard "who's going to pay for it?" reply, we have a $72M AD budget. People much smarter than me can figure out where to cut and put the money properly towards football.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Once again, it is believed Narduzzi withdrew his name because of assistant coach money pool concerns. Whether that is just "coach speak" for letting UConn down lightly remains to be seen. But yeah, he's done a good job at a place that carries very little cache in the P5 world. 7-8 wins is probably their realistic ACC ceiling.

I'm happy I read this article though because I learned that The Game is being played at the same time as ours a few miles down the road. Should knock a few thousand more off of the attendance gate.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Once again, it is believed Narduzzi withdrew his name because of assistant coach money pool concerns. Whether that is just "coach speak" for letting UConn down lightly remains to be seen. But yeah, he's done a good job at a place that carries very little cache in the P5 world. 7-8 wins is probably their realistic ACC ceiling.

This year with these players, yes. But if Narduzzi had any secondary at all they could legitimately be 9-1 right now. We'll see how he does when his recruits make up the bulk of the roster. He'll lose Conner and Peterman after this year.

Reaction Score
Did you catch the name of the kicker who made the game winning kick for Pitt? His name was Chris Blewitt. Not a good name for a kicker. Imagine the guff he would have taken if he. . . . . . .er blew it. I wonder if his middle name is Effen.
LMAO .... LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32