Napheesa Collier shoots 91%, USA into the finals vs Russia... | The Boneyard

Napheesa Collier shoots 91%, USA into the finals vs Russia...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Collier in russia.jpg

Napheesa Collier went 10-11 from inside the 3 pt arc and scored 24 points to power USA's U-19 team into the final tomorrow vs Russia. Collier tied Maya Moore and D.T. for most points in a game at that level. She also had 14 rebounds, 2 steals, 2 assists and 1 incredible blocked shot. :)

USA must face a tall and talented Russian team on their home court Sunday. USA was 0-10 from 3 pt range today and needs to find their shooting touch from outside to keep the Ruskies from packing the lane. :rolleyes:

Collier is putting on a show in front of CD, who traveled from Storrs to see her and Crystal Dangerfield play. Dangerfield continues to impress w/ 14 assists and only 3 turnovers in 112 minutes...(MoJeff Jr..)

Napheesa is going to be very, very, very, very good for UConn..!! :cool:

Good luck Crystal & Napheesa..!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
View attachment 10065

Napheesa Collier went 10-11 from inside the 3 pt arc and scored 24 points to power USA's U-19 team into the final tomorrow vs Russia. Collier tied Maya Moore and D.T. for most points in a game at that level. She also had 14 rebounds, 2 steals, 2 assists and 1 incredible blocked shot. :)

USA must face a tall and talented Russian team on their home court Sunday. USA was 0-10 from 3 pt range today and needs to find their shooting touch from outside to keep the Ruskies from packing the lane. :rolleyes:

Collier is putting on a show in front of CD, who traveled from Storrs to see her and Crystal Dangerfield play. Dangerfield continues to impress w/ 14 assists and only 3 turnovers in 112 minutes...(MoJeff Jr..)

DAVID: Moore and Taurasi :):) Pretty decent company :D

Reaction Score
View attachment 10065

Thank you for this one----!!!!

This was again the (almost called her Moriah again) Dangerfield and Collier show. Poor Geno the richest guy, in talent, in the USA--oh what I wouldn't give to see Moriah and Dangerfield on the same floor together wearing Uconn white and Blue (trace of red). Napheesa WILL be very very good AT Uconn!!! I enjoyed this game many times more than the Pan Am games--seemed to flow better. If the Pan Am games are examples of International WBB it isn't much fun, no game flow CD should have liked what she saw!!

If USA fails to hit 3's against Russia---no need to go further.

Reaction Score
Thank you for this one----!!!!

This was again the (almost called her Moriah again) Dangerfield and Collier show. Poor Geno the richest guy, in talent, in the USA--oh what I wouldn't give to see Moriah and Dangerfield on the same floor together wearing Uconn white and Blue (trace of red). Napheesa WILL be very very good AT Uconn!!! I enjoyed this game many times more than the Pan Am games--seemed to flow better. If the Pan Am games are examples of International WBB it isn't much fun, no game flow CD should have liked what she saw!!

If USA fails to hit 3's against Russia---no need to go further.
The fact that they shot so poorly from three point range bodes very well that they'll have appreciably more success in the finals, because the law of averages favors much improved shooting. At least, it's logical to assume that!

Reaction Score
- Staley on the play of Napheesa Collier: "Pheese is relentless. She is competitive. She doesn’t want to lose and she leaves it all out there every time she steps on the floor. Sometimes we have to think about how the tournament is set up (with seven games in nine days) and we didn’t want to play her too many minutes to give her a little bit of decompression for what we’ll face tomorrow. But, it’s hard to keep her off the floor because of what she brings to the table."
- Azura Stevens on Napheesa's play: "Pheese came out and was just unstoppable,” said Stevens. “That’s what she’s capable of doing. It’s really cool and fun playing with her.

We know Napheesa is a special basketball player, but I like her character just as much. She is humble and all about being a great teammate.
Napheesa (when asked about her great game against Spain): "My teammates really helped get me open. I got the rebounds and stuff, but I couldn’t have done it without them."

I'm loving this kid already.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno is going to try very hard to get her PT. Whether Pheese starts, plays in garbage time, or more likely in between, she will outplay and outwork the opposing players. I expect the other teams to get demoralized.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Collier and Samuelson are 20-25 minute type players already IMO. That wouldn't be an issue if the rotation were only seven, maybe eight deep. But eleven deep? Gonna be a challenge.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I do see quite a bit of Maya's game in her game. The speed, the hustle, the rebounding from the small forward position, the awareness of teammates. The outside shooting doesn't seem to be comparable yet, and she probably doesn't have the physical strength that Maya had even as a freshman, but there is a lot of similarity. I also detect a similarity in their personalities -- unspoiled, eager to be coached, and an all-around good team citizen.

She has to be seriously considered for the fifth starting position in 2015-16.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Natalie Butler, Gabby Williams, Katie Lou Samuelson, and Napheesa Collier will compete for the 5th starting position. That means that 3 of those players will come off the bench. They will be the best bench players in America!

Reaction Score
This will be one of the most athletic teams we have ever had and we are eight deep without considering how much Chong, Boykin and (hopefully) Ekmark have to offer.

I'm glad the Pan-Am Games put to rest the conversation of whether or not Nurse would be a starter this year but the U-19's have got us all wondering how Geno will be able to keep Collier off of the floor.

At some point this season MoJeff, Gabby, Napheesa, KLS and Stewie will be on the floor together and that's a moment I won't want to miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom