Naheim Alleyne - VT transfer | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Naheim Alleyne - VT transfer

Reaction Score
When all is said and done with this offseason, if he's our 4th guard on the depth chart headed into the season after Hawkins, Newton, and a player to be determined later, then I am a fan of this addition. However, if he's our 3rd best option at guard I'm not super thrilled.
I agree with this. I would think the bigger need is still someone who can spell Newton as a lead guard/start in a small ball lineup. Ramey or Williams make sense to me there. If that’s the case, this would make me feel even better about Alleyne.

That being said, we need a shooter and microwave type scorer and Alleyne can be that. 6 games with 15+ PTS (same total as Polley, Hawkins, Gaffney, and Akok combined) and 17 with 10+. He’s not super efficient because of his midrange game, which is correctable (wouldn’t count on Hurley steering him away from it though). He has been a solid player on his career so far, albeit not a giant needle mover. But I like the fit here if he’s the 4th guard.

Reaction Score
Ya I really feel he would be a great addition and who knows with a change of scenery he might even surprise some people more then just his shooting!! Either way a good fit

Reaction Score
He's a 39% career 3 point shooter and the team lacks 3 point shooting. Think Polley replacement. Not every player needs to be an All American to make an impact.
Very true good point

Reaction Score
He's a 39% career 3 point shooter and the team lacks 3 point shooting. Think Polley replacement. Not every player needs to be an All American to make an impact.
If he is a Polley replacement fine, but I doubt he is leaving 30 min a game at Va Tech to play 20 min here.

Reaction Score
I agree some people are talking like he is mediocre he is not.......he is a really good basketball player and who knows maybe his ball handling will improve but either way this is a good get for uconn!!

Reaction Score
He will make a good husky and be a big contributer to this team!!!let's hope we can wrap him up tomorrow

Reaction Score
We don't need everyone to be a dribble-drive kind of guy. Someone has to be waiting on the kick-outs.

Newton, Jackson, and Hawkins should all be capable of attacking the rim. If this guy is standing on the perimeter, that's good enough.

We'd still need another guard, though this was the case whether or not we get this guy.

Reaction Score
We don't need everyone to be a dribble-drive kind of guy. Someone has to be waiting on the kick-outs.

Newton, Jackson, and Hawkins should all be capable of attacking the rim. If this guy is standing on the perimeter, that's good enough.

We'd still need another guard, though this was the case whether or not we get this guy.
Castle(fingers crossed)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Tough crowd to please. 85% free throw shooter, 37% 3 point shooter vs ACC comp. Can’t ask for much more. I guess he’s not the best ball handler but he’s a hell of a player.

He doesn’t really get to the line much so the percentage there, eh.

He’s a shooter, so bring him in. But you gotta bring in another guard as well, be it Castle or someone else.

Reaction Score
Him and Castle would still only give us 10 scholarship players…would like to add one more guard for depth.

Reaction Score
He doesn’t really get to the line much so the percentage there, eh.

He’s a shooter, so bring him in. But you gotta bring in another guard as well, be it Castle or someone else.
Ya buy atleast he's 85% from there we have had guys that don't get there much and can't make crap so atleast his percentage is good.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If this kid gets Castle to re class, he’ll be worth it. Hope he doesn’t expect more than 15-20 min per game though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom