My sources | Page 3 | The Boneyard

My sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Hey Buddy, a regular lurker myself, for longer than 2 days, my insiders who happen to be the voices in my head, say that with this outstanding recruiting class for football and the 2 billion check CT is going to write, UConn has shot up to number one next to Virginia and North Carolina...
LOL! Or Inciter your head!

Reaction Score
The trick is to use the fewest words. My name can be made into: Andalusian Pissoir

Y

Your Insider

Not that it will convince you of anything, but Cuse, Pitt and UL are not at FSU's and Clemson's level in football. UL with Bridgewater is like BC with Flynn, watch the next act.
True, i don't make the rumors i just tell you guys
I'm convinced this is he who shall not be named.
am not MH.....

Also i am a uconn fan! i told you i lurked the board for a very long time. on a unrelated note i also for some reason follow northwestern......

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
How long will this act last?

Any one want to set an over/under?

Y

Your Insider

How long will this act last?

Any one want to set an over/under?
if you want me to stop osting just ask. i don't care if you want my info or not but if am wating my time tell me because ill go away...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Boston College University

Single Obstructive Looney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Boycotting Elusive Loners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Boycott Revenges Illusion!!!!!

Boycott Resolves Linguine (ya see, I knew this was all about Marinatto!)
Guilty Nonbelievers Scoot
Obsolescent Tourney Vigil
Obscenely Grovels Tuition

Reaction Score
What you guys don't understand is FSU Clemson and BC ( to name a few ) think uconn football is not at their level. Well BC just hates you but that's different. The more football schools that leave the acc is better for you. Also i didn't say uconn wasn't on the acc radar, just not in the top 2.

First of all, ACC will be the old BE. ACC is stupid with their expansion plans. The fact they even took UL just showed how desperate they are. BC football? You lost any credibility with that stupid statement.

It is just a matter of time before the ACC is raided to shreds. What has happened to the BE will repeat with the ACC. Just wait and see. I just hope UCONN is nowhere near that mess when it goes down.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
I'm telling you. Have a nice trip.

Agreed, but feel free to return if your sources tell you that the B1G, SEC, B12 or acc are imminently about to invite Connecticut. I define "imminently" to mean within 48 hours.

I'm sure even Fishy and bl would appreciate a heads-up once the move is certain. Thanks.

Reaction Score
True, i don't make the rumors i just tell you guys
am not MH.....

Also i am a uconn fan! i told you i lurked the board for a very long time. on a unrelated note i also for some reason follow northwestern......

Are you like seven years old?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Kevin Ollie
Like El Vino

Paul Pasqualoni
Anal Quail Pop Us

Jim Delany
End My Jail

Warde Manuel
A Lewd Manure
Warn, Meal Due

Boston College
Beset Colon Log
lol

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I cannot believe I read throgh these posts. And I think Frank the Tank's avatar is Oscar Gamble if I remember my Topps '78 cards.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
It's so strange that one ACC school votes against our inclusion because they're afraid they won't be able to compete with us, and two others vote against us for the exact opposite reason, they think we can't compete against them?

Either these presidents and AD's are morons, or someone isn't telling the truth. Gotta be one or the other.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's so strange that one ACC school votes against our inclusion because they're afraid they won't be able to compete with us, and two others vote against us for the exact opposite reason, they think we can't compete against them?

Either these presidents and AD's are morons, or someone isn't telling the truth. Gotta be one or the other.
Not so much. BCU can't compete with us and FSU would kick our ass. It's a marriage of convenience.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Not so much. BCU can't compete with us and FSU would kick our ass. It's a marriage of convenience.
Oh yes, quite much thank you.

What does FSU think of BCU's take? Or do they have buyer's remorse re:BCU and don't want to let another potential welfare case like them in again?

Reaction Score
I cannot believe I read throgh these posts. And I think Frank the Tank's avatar is Oscar Gamble if I remember my Topps '78 cards.

Yes, it's the great hair of Oscar Gamble. Go White Sox!

Reaction Score
Oh yes, quite much thank you.

What does FSU think of BCU's take? Or do they have buyer's remorse re:BCU and don't want to let another potential welfare case like them in again?

I've said this in other places: never underestimate how much university presidents overestimate the value of BC (if that makes sense). They are transfixed by the Boston market (a place where many of them were educated at some point) and believe that BC brings *enough* traction in that market that they're thought of as a valuable piece. I don't think that anyone thinks of BC as a headliner or as a team that is ever going to be bigger than the Red Sox/Pats/Celtics/Bruins, but they are a solid "depth" school (excellent academics and location) that brings value to the league even when they're a bottom feeder (unlike, say, Iowa State or Washington State).

For the ACC (and I say this as someone that was convinced that UConn was going to go to the ACC instead of Louisville when Maryland defected), looking at it from the outside, I think it was MUCH more about FSU and other football schools pushing for more perceived football quality than anything about BC. BC might have had an objection to UConn, but honestly, I can't blame them from an unbiased perspective any more than Villanova keeping Temple out of the Big East for years, Florida not letting FSU into the SEC, or all of the Big Ten schools protecting their own markets. Having that conference advantage has shown to be more important to schools over and over and over again than creating a regional rival (especially in this era where TV markets and contracts are so important). The "it's better to create a regional rivalry" argument is always one that's advanced by the school that's left out and is then freely ignored by the school in the better position. I can understand the specific animosity toward BC from the people on this board, yet they're not really taking a different stance than Ohio State is with Cincinnati, Penn State is with Pitt, Florida is with FSU, etc.

Regardless, the ACC invite to Louisville seemed to be more about timing than anything. 1 year ago, Louisville likely would have never been considered, but I truly believe that the defection of Maryland was a complete shock to Jim Swofford (who despite what some people might say here, is VERY smart regarding overall college sports landscape) and that perceived football quality had to come as priority #1 in expansion (and it's not as if though Louisville has a shabby basketball program, either). That concern trumped everything else.

pj

Reaction Score
I've said this in other places: never underestimate how much university presidents overestimate the value of BC (if that makes sense). They are transfixed by the Boston market (a place where many of them were educated at some point) and believe that BC brings *enough* traction in that market that they're thought of as a valuable piece. I don't think that anyone thinks of BC as a headliner or as a team that is ever going to be bigger than the Red Sox/Pats/Celtics/Bruins, but they are a solid "depth" school (excellent academics and location) that brings value to the league even when they're a bottom feeder (unlike, say, Iowa State or Washington State).

For the ACC (and I say this as someone that was convinced that UConn was going to go to the ACC instead of Louisville when Maryland defected), looking at it from the outside, I think it was MUCH more about FSU and other football schools pushing for more perceived football quality than anything about BC. BC might have had an objection to UConn, but honestly, I can't blame them from an unbiased perspective any more than Villanova keeping Temple out of the Big East for years, Florida not letting FSU into the SEC, or all of the Big Ten schools protecting their own markets. Having that conference advantage has shown to be more important to schools over and over and over again than creating a regional rival (especially in this era where TV markets and contracts are so important). The "it's better to create a regional rivalry" argument is always one that's advanced by the school that's left out and is then freely ignored by the school in the better position. I can understand the specific animosity toward BC from the people on this board, yet they're not really taking a different stance than Ohio State is with Cincinnati, Penn State is with Pitt, Florida is with FSU, etc.

Regardless, the ACC invite to Louisville seemed to be more about timing than anything. 1 year ago, Louisville likely would have never been considered, but I truly believe that the defection of Maryland was a complete shock to Jim Swofford (who despite what some people might say here, is VERY smart regarding overall college sports landscape) and that perceived football quality had to come as priority #1 in expansion (and it's not as if though Louisville has a shabby basketball program, either). That concern trumped everything else.

Agree about the regional rivalry bit. A few observations:
- Given that these are now billion-dollar decisions, the conferences must be hiring marketing experts and getting a very clear picture of the value schools bring. I doubt the snap judgment of uninformed presidents is going to be deciding conference expansion going forward. BC is tiny by most metrics compared to UConn.
- If Swofford thinks football quality is decisive, he's missing the move to networks and the critical importance of audience / subscriber base / market share. Louisville is a small-market team whose fans are all local to the school. Connecticut is a regionally important school which controls a major media market and is one of the leading colleges in two of the top 5 markets in the country. Football success waxes and wanes, and if Connecticut invests in football, as it is, its football program will be superior to Louisville's before long.
- Finally, the overwhelming importance of football currently is an accident of history -- the NCAA redistributes basketball revenue, football revenue accrues to schools and conferences, but that institutional mix may not survive the move to superconferences and conference networks. Basketball inventory may become important again. Also, networks will need year-round inventory that is enough to deter subscribers from cancelling once football season ends. Secondary sports may actually grow in importance.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
cincy-tosu???? both publics. big state and city state schools IN THE SAME STATE
fl-fsu???? psu -pitt-temple?????

COME ON NOW, cut the bs.

bc is a private school in boston, ma. uconn is the big public of ct. not the same state, bc is not public. it would be like syracuse blocking rutgers from the acc. well the states touch each other so....its completely dutduhduh to make that argument. bc blocked uconn and then made up the fable new england operates like 1 state story to push the story and act like them claim the whole region. its exactly what cuse was/is/failing to try to do in nyc. ny state is our state, so since nyc is in the state its ours. no matter how far away or how close other schools are and so on.

do all of u not get it yet. private schools are dying and big publics are rising in the college sports world. so private schools are doing anything and everything they can so they they dont join holy cross. if that means making up crazy marketing and regional foothold tactics then u bet its worth the $.

just based off our growing brand name we are fighting this from both ends. cuse from the northwest and bc from the northeast. just imagine if we had any leadeship at uconn that dam 2 shi*s about it and actually wanted to change public opinion on this issue or atleast fight it. i mean how much does it cost to put a funny ass 15 second commerical on sny. dont do anything uconn. just draw a line form cuse to nyc and then do one to uconn, temple and ruty and psu. then play short stick for fun. that would kill and ppl would be fired up over it. at the end when cuse has the longest stick just have some funny saying like "congrats, your the farest away from the city" or something racy like "congrats, thats the 1st time being the longest isn't a good thing". then do one explaining the borders of the states in new england and put it on tv in bosoton and acc territorys on espn or something.

this isn't hard and its a winable war if anyone at uconn cared. but they dont.

RAGE

Reaction Score

Do not, repeat, NOT, exclude "both" as a reasonable possibility.

That having been said, I think it's far more likely that we don't know nearly as much about what happened as we think we do from various reports than that the ACC and its Presidents acted like morons.

Reaction Score
Well, we have in from a good source, Fr. Leahy at BC, that these things are mostly about academics....hence, Louisville instead of UCONN. Mind you, he didn't clarify whether it was good or bad acadmics.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom