my own basketball | The Boneyard

my own basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
the new season of special Olympics basketball started last week. first practice went well.
however a new player who we were supposed to have ended up practicing with the other team that plays during our practice time. he didn't work out and they want to trade me and a few other players on my team for him. however he would be better suited for the team a level down from us, and personally doesn't get along with many other players for reasons I won't mention. this other team has talent, but are unorganized and some of their players don't have good attitudes. but also if I played for this team I could play up front where I am most comfortable and better-suited(I currently play post where I am needed, but undersized height wise).however I have been a basketball player, fan, and student for most of my life, plus I am friends with most of this team. thus I feel bad for them and would love to help them out, but I am well respected on my current team and I love my teammates and coach, and can't imagine playing anywhere else.
Just hoping and searching for the right decision to make.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
You gotta do what's right for you. Good luck with whichever team you end up with.

Reaction Score
You gotta do what's right for you. Good luck with whichever team you end up with.
Thanks. Will probably test-run a practice with the other team tomorrow if they want me to. I'll see what happens.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
katiecrum1992 said:
Thanks. Will probably test-run a practice with the other team tomorrow if they want me to. I'll see what happens.
Good idea. Good luck.

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
the new season of special Olympics basketball started last week. first practice went well.
however a new player who we were supposed to have ended up practicing with the other team that plays during our practice time. he didn't work out and they want to trade me and a few other players on my team for him. however he would be better suited for the team a level down from us, and personally doesn't get along with many other players for reasons I won't mention. this other team has talent, but are unorganized and some of their players don't have good attitudes. but also if I played for this team I could play up front where I am most comfortable and better-suited(I currently play post where I am needed, but undersized height wise).however I have been a basketball player, fan, and student for most of my life, plus I am friends with most of this team. thus I feel bad for them and would love to help them out, but I am well respected on my current team and I love my teammates and coach, and can't imagine playing anywhere else.
Just hoping and searching for the right decision to make.
I would suggest that you think about the nature of the reasons you list for making the change... look to see if there are any truly 'compelling' reasons for making the change, if not, my personal choice would be to stay put. In the end, the truth is that whichever choice you make, it will have a value for you to find...

BTW, I don't know what it is about you, but when I see your posts...I smile... thanks.

Your Ol' Pal Boo

Reaction Score
I would suggest that you think about the nature of the reasons you list for making the change... look to see if there are any truly 'compelling' reasons for making the change, if not, my personal choice would be to stay put. In the end, the truth is that whichever choice you make, it will have a value for you to find...

BTW, I don't know what it is about you, but when I see your posts...I smile... thanks.

Your Ol' Pal Boo
Thanks! Most likely I'll stay put. Will have to talk to coach about it.
I don't know what it is about your profile picture, but it freaks me out a little bit every time I see it(in a good way). Oh wait, it's an extremely tattooed child.

Last edited:

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
Thanks! Most likely I'll stay put. Will have to talk to coach about it.
I don't know what it is about your profile picture, but it freaks me out a little bit every time I see it(in a good way). Oh wait, it's an extremely tattooed child.
A friend saw a baby picture of mine and commented that I looked like a was born a Yakusa. Later that day I came across the baby yakusa image and in that I needed a profile picture... well, I got lazy and just used baby-yakusa... I should change it as it creeps me out a bit too.. One of these days I'll trip over an image that suites me and viola... a brand new Boo.

YOPB

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
A friend saw a baby picture of mine and commented that I looked like a was born a Yakusa. Later that day I came across the baby yakusa image and in that I needed a profile picture... well, I got lazy and just used baby-yakusa... I should change it as it creeps me out a bit too.. One of these days I'll trip over an image that suites me and viola... a brand new Boo.

YOPB

Here ya go Boo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member