My names | Page 3 | The Boneyard

My names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If he's not available - Jim Tresel

If he's not available - Lane Kiffin

If he's not available - Charlie Weis

Need to make a splash with a guy that is a household name to picque the interest not only of fans, but players as well.
I am soooo happy you don't get to pick the new coach. Warde does not need to make a splash, he needs a coach that will win. Kiffin hasn't really done anything significant anywhere he's been. Tressel = scandal, Weis is poor college coach.

BTW, how was your good friend's wedding?

Reaction Score
I am soooo happy you don't get to pick the new coach. Warde does not need to make a splash, he needs a coach that will win. Kiffin hasn't really done anything significant anywhere he's been. Tressel = scandal, Weis is poor college coach.

BTW, how was "Your good friend's" wedding?

It was good thanks! Bond Ballroom is actually a pretty sick place for a reception in Hartford on the 13th floor of the Homewood Suites. Hartford really is a beautiful city, just too bad it can't be cleaned up a bit, but that's a story for another day.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Cristobal was Pernetti's top target to replace Schiano at rutgers, and said no to them. HC and/or assistant salary may have been the issue, though that's only my guess.Maybe he didn't think rutgers would get the B1G invite. Despite his stubbing his toe that last year at FIU, I don't know if he'd be interested in UConn. Worth a phone call I guess.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
If he's not available - Jim Tresel

If he's not available - Lane Kiffin

If he's not available - Charlie Weis

Need to make a splash with a guy that is a household name to picque the interest not only of fans, but players as well.

is this a serious post, or are you being sarcastic? i really can't tell. you just picked two coaches that underperformed by biblical proportions at relatively easy HC jobs and there's no way you actually think Jim Tressel would make a big splash. personally i don't have any great ideas either, but we struck out the last time we took a proven loser has-been. i think we need to go the proven winner at a lower level type guy.

Reaction Score
i think we need to go the proven winner at a lower level type guy.

Yup, go the Cincy route. Find a guy who has recent success building his own program as a head coach. It's no guarantee but you minimize your risk.

The last three guys Cincy has hired have been successful head coaches. Jim Calhoun was a successful head coach at a lower level when he was hired.

Reaction Score
Only one name on my list, a Weslyan Grad named Bill. Has CT ties and has proven he can win fb games in the northeast.

10 years of BB could not only propel UConn into the B1G time, but would be a renascence for CT (and NE) high school football. Then when he's old and gray he can think how HE took not only UConn to glory but CT hs football to glory, whilst looking at Superbowl rings.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Add Pat Narduzzi from Mich State, Bob Diaco of ND, Mark D'Onofrio of Miami, Brent Venables and Chad Morris of Clemson, John McNulty of Tampa Bay to that list. I'm gonna go with Venables and D'Onofrio.
Narduzzi is a REALLY interesting name I haven't before seen on here. Would be nice to get a CT guy who hasn't been out of college football for 10 years. Get him, boost our Defensive side, keep TJW to run our Offense?

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Re: Ambrose - haven't there been some rumblings out there that the guy is a seriously abusive coach? I'm not just talking pushing his players hard in practice and occasionally screaming at them, etc. but more in the Mike Rice mold.

Reaction Score
Only one name on my list, a Weslyan Grad named Bill. Has CT ties and has proven he can win fb games in the northeast.

10 years of BB could not only propel UConn into the B1G time, but would be a renascence for CT (and NE) high school football. Then when he's old and gray he can think how HE took not only UConn to glory but CT hs football to glory, whilst looking at Superbowl rings.

. I want Jik Harbaugh, younger and he's been to a Super Bowl more recently:)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Raheem Morris - Former TB coach - Defensive Coach
From NJ - Went to Hofstra - nice connections but has been out of college FB for a little while.

He'll be able to recruit and he has a ton of energy. If he were to be the choice he'd need a couple of veteran coordinators but that shouldn't be too difficult to accommodate.

He wouldn't be my first choice but I wouldn't mind him.

Reaction Score
Re: Ambrose - haven't there been some rumblings out there that the guy is a seriously abusive coach? I'm not just talking pushing his players hard in practice and occasionally screaming at them, etc. but more in the Mike Rice mold.
Yes

Reaction Score
UConn07, i want to apologize for my saying Jim Tressel wouldn't make a splash. for some reason when i read Jim Tressel, my mind translated it into Jim Fassel. I had a big time brain fart and I feel like a jack@$$. Tressel would definitely make a splash, and show the Big 5 conferences that we're ready to roll in the muck with the big boys. After Edsall I wouldn't have wanted to go this route, but after the Pasqualoni experience I'd take him regardless of baggage. What even is his baggage, just a few tattoos for footballs, or was there more to it?

After Edsall I wanted a guy that would be a long term solution. Right now I'll settle for a guy that takes us to a bowl game or two before heading elsewhere.

Reaction Score
UConn07, i want to apologize for my saying Jim Tressel wouldn't make a splash. for some reason when i read Jim Tressel, my mind translated it into Jim Fassel. I had a big time brain fart and I feel like a jack@ . Tressel would definitely make a splash, and show the Big 5 conferences that we're ready to roll in the muck with the big boys. After Edsall I wouldn't have wanted to go this route, but after the Pasqualoni experience I'd take him regardless of baggage. What even is his baggage, just a few tattoos for footballs, or was there more to it?

After Edsall I wanted a guy that would be a long term solution. Right now I'll settle for a guy that takes us to a bowl game or two before heading elsewhere.

I know this has been in past threads on the topic, but Tressel is a non-starter - as a result of the Ohio State scandals a couple of seasons back, he has a 5 year show cause penalty, effectively keeping him unemployable as a head football coach until 2016:

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/56110/long-road-back-to-college-for-jim-tressel

Doesn't matter how deep a hole PP puts us in, Warde or any other self-respecting AD will not be going to go to the mat for Tressel...Warde even more so based on the UConn hoops infractions / probation.

Reaction Score
UConn07, i want to apologize for my saying Jim Tressel wouldn't make a splash. for some reason when i read Jim Tressel, my mind translated it into Jim Fassel. I had a big time brain fart and I feel like a jack@ . Tressel would definitely make a splash, and show the Big 5 conferences that we're ready to roll in the muck with the big boys. After Edsall I wouldn't have wanted to go this route, but after the Pasqualoni experience I'd take him regardless of baggage. What even is his baggage, just a few tattoos for footballs, or was there more to it?

No big deal..but thanks!

Reaction Score
Josh McDaniel (Looonnnnng Shot) but he isn't get an NFL HC gig anytime soon. Joe Moorehead was a fan when he was here, watched his team's play against Temple this Saturday and was beyond impressed. Anyone that doesn't use the phrases microwave society, and prototype would be considered and upgrade.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
In reverse order:

1. Pete Lembo of Ball State

Coached at the Rent for Lehigh. Has two successful rehabs to his credit now. Best MAC candidate.

2. Moorhead or Ambrose

Both have proven a lot as HC.

3. Josh McDaniel from Pats

More impressive when you read about his Cardinal Mooney roots.

4. Chip Kelly

New England needs you.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
What? A coach who doesn't like fans who leave early. Now that's just being crazy. Can we get a list of coaches who admire fans willing to leave early. That's the sign of a true athletic supporter.

Think Big Ten. (wait, isn't Bo in the Big Ten)
You may want to suspend keyboard privileges for a while as you are now embarrassing yourself. If there is any fan base that doesn't warrant criticism it is Big Red Nation. The last home game Nebraska had that was not sold out occurred when John F Kennedy was president.

Your earlier comment was dead wrong and now you are showing how clueless you are with feeble attempts to defend it.

Reaction Score
What? A coach who doesn't like fans who leave early. Now that's just being crazy. Can we get a list of coaches who admire fans willing to leave early. That's the sign of a true athletic supporter.

Think Big Ten. (wait, isn't Bo in the Big Ten)
The troll has decided to move to another thread. Like I said in the other thread you showed up at...PSU fans pour out of Beaver Stadium at 1/2 time have anything to say about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom