My Megan Walker Projections | The Boneyard

My Megan Walker Projections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
With all the eyes and anticipation on where this talented young lady will end up playing, I couldn't help but try to look ahead and forecast the possible outcomes of her attending each University..

UCONN: (3) National Championships, (4) FF, (1) POY

Notre Dame:
(1) National Championship (3) FF, (2) POY

Texas
: (2) FF, (1) POY

Now, Let's see how it all unfolds in the next four years, life and health sparing no unforeseen setbacks....
I wish MKW the best of luck and look forward to seeing her play and develop, no matter where she decides to further her education...

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
With all the eyes and anticipation on where this talented young lady will end up playing, I couldn't help but try to look ahead and forecast the possible outcomes of her attending each University..

UCONN: (3) National Championships, (4) FF, (1) POY

Notre Dame: (1) National Championship (3) FF, (2) POY

Texas: (2) FF, (1) POY

Now, Let's see how it all unfolds in the next four years, life and health sparing no unforeseen setbacks....

I wish MKW the best of luck and look forward to seeing her play and develop, no matter where she decides to further her education...

Right now, TODAY.............I don't think your predictions are too unreasonable, especially if she come to UConn.

Bajan Best

Reaction Score
For UConn I think it hinges on how good Crystal Dangerfield is and how quickly she adjusts to the college game.
It is a team Sport, so yes Chemistry with the surrounding cast will be key as to the level of their success, But don't forget that is what the UCONN program is known for.. Recruiting and getting players to buy into their system.. Geno is typically pretty good at hiding his teams early weaknesses... Making them seem invincible at times.. When they are far from :)

By the time MKW would be arriving at Storrs, Crystal Dangerfield would have had a full year to figure some stuff out and hopefully gain some confidence as well.. So for MKW's first year , I would assume team defense would be what Geno would be focusing on with her and being another shooter/scorer to take some pressure off KLS along with incoming Duke transfer AS..

By their Second year if all goes as planned UCONN would be that dominating team again, considering the two other transfers would now be major contributors as well.. they would have capable scorers at every position.. providing they all play great team defense another trademark of UCONN teams..

So this coming year is the best chance to beat up on UCONN if at all possible... The early Texas and Baylor match ups will be interesting to watch.. looking forward to this year, to see how it all pans out...

Reaction Score
Hey! How did you manage to get hold of my self-portrait? :)

Screen Shot 2016-10-03 at 5.23.17 PM.png

Reaction Score
It is a team Sport, so yes Chemistry with the surrounding cast will be key as to the level of their success, But don't forget that is what the UCONN program is known for.. Recruiting and getting players to buy into their system.. Geno is typically pretty good at hiding his teams early weaknesses... Making them seem invincible at times.. When they are far from :)

By the time MKW would be arriving at Storrs, Crystal Dangerfield would have had a full year to figure some stuff out and hopefully gain some confidence as well.. So for MKW's first year , I would assume team defense would be what Geno would be focusing on with her and being another shooter/scorer to take some pressure off KLS along with incoming Duke transfer AS..

By their Second year if all goes as planned UCONN would be that dominating team again, considering the two other transfers would now be major contributors as well.. they would have capable scorers at every position.. providing they all play great team defense another trademark of UCONN teams..

So this coming year is the best chance to beat up on UCONN if at all possible... The early Texas and Baylor match ups will be interesting to watch.. looking forward to this year, to see how it all pans out...
You seem pretty confident that MKW will arrive at Storrs in 2017. Hope you are right...LOL

Bajan Best

Reaction Score
You seem pretty confident that MKW will arrive at Storrs in 2017. Hope you are right...LOL
Actually no I'm not, I think MKW is having a really tough time deciding, between where she wants to go vs. where she feels/knows she will have greater success.. Those statements were just based on the projections of if she went to Storrs.. :)

If it was me personally making the decision it would be a no-brainer, but all is well that ends well... Soon we shall all know whether she wants to be Good, Great or Elite. :)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
After looking over my shoulder for the first time my wife now want to follow the Boneyard---I wonder why???hmmmm!
Sorry, but she's of age. Drink it in ladies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
If Walker goes to Texas they will win a championship. They will have a top PG in Patterson, a top post in Prince, a top forward in Holmes, a top wing in Walker and a slew of talented guards.

Bajan Best

Reaction Score
If Walker goes to Texas they will win a championship. They will have a top PG in Patterson, a top post in Prince, a top forward in Holmes, a top wing in Walker and a slew of talented guards.
Only time will tell easttexastrash.. It's one thing to have talent, but quite another thing to get the best out of the talent you have.. Before taking on the lofty goal of winning a national companionship, Texas Coach have to first overcome the likes of Baylor in their own league.. Other teams are not going to just give up because they have a few unproven HS recruits.. Plenty of other notable Programs had similar recruits/staff and fell quite short of that attainable goal.. Only Time will tell and Texas is on the rise, but still quite a ways to go IMHO.. and this is primarily why I only see Texas getting to two final fours with MKW on board.. in her Jr. & Sr. years..

Reaction Score
It seems her timeline changed after her not really Dame visit. I think she is waiting for evina to finish her official visits. Not really Dame will get 1&2 players for 2017

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
This article has more information on the state of her decision-making process: LINK Some excerpts:

“I think I’m going to be successful no matter where I go. You have to see who fits you. A lot of times, people get caught up in the hype of certain programs,” said Walker, who just finished her official visits to Texas, UConn and Notre Dame.

On Walker’s official visits, her father asked Texas what the 2018 recruiting class looks like. He asked UConn where Walker figures on the depth chart. He asked Notre Dame how the Irish see the No. 1 and No. 2 recruits playing together on the same team.

Megan Walker said she’s not too worried about any of that, because she knows the only way she will be successful is if she continues to work hard.

“I know it won’t be easy,” she said. “But I’m a natural-born competitor and I will work with the players that are already there because I want to go somewhere I can play, somewhere there is good competition and somewhere that has good players that can mentor me.”

One question remains: Which school will she pick?

If she knew that answer, she said she would have already committed.

“My goal was the end of (September), but I didn’t expect to be this confused,” she said. “Before now, I only visited UConn, so I didn’t really know what to expect when I went to Texas or Notre Dame.”

Whatever Walker saw or talked about with Texas coach Karen Ashton and Notre Dame coach Muffet McGraw was enough to keep them in the running.

“It’s really hard when you talk to the coaches for this long, because after a while they get to know you and you get to know them and you start to develop a relationship with them,” said Walker.

She said she hopes to make a decision before or on signing day. Her mother thinks Nov. 9 is too far away to keep everyone waiting.

“I do think we need to move on,” said Johnetta Walker. “She is a senior. She has activities and we need to start to prepare for her future.”

“I want her to find a school that she will fit in at, a school that will treat her like family,” said Johnetta Walker, “and a school that will be supportive and allow her to follow her basketball dreams.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom