My Gift to You. | The Boneyard

My Gift to You.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
The greatest game I've ever seen in person. I firmly believe that the greatest UCONN teams never one national championships. Those were exciting teams to watch.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
THANKS CTBB
One of the best things of the day so far....................
Except for a Diallo committment

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I don't know guys, 2004 was an insane group as well. Deep as hell. Devastating 3pt shooters, stretch big men, dominant inside force on offense and defense. Dog like defenders. Never had an inside/outside presence like that.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I miss not having an awesome Israeli PG with superhuman court vision.

Nothing against our high scoring PGs like Bazz and Kemba, but the pass-first PGs like Doron and Nadav were a joy to watch.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I miss not having an awesome Israeli PG with superhuman court vision.

Nothing against our high scoring PGs like Bazz and Kemba, but the pass-first PGs like Doron and Nadav were a joy to watch.
Nadav was an awesome passer but he wasn't a guard.

Reaction Score
I was 7 when I saw this game on TV. First game I ever saw. Fell in love with the game and the team that night. Probably one of the only days I remember from that year.

Reaction Score
Everyone in the President's office and AD should be forced to watch this so they fully understand the legacy of UConn's greatness and why p5 conference membership matters. Man, that's inspiring and depressing at the same time. Great memories.

Reaction Score
That pass by Sheffer early in the game, around the 16:30 time 1st half was all him. He was catching the outlet with his body shifted to throw the long one armed push pass because he had already seen Rudy winning the race. And what do you know, right on the money for a dunk, can't teach that stuff he was amazing.

Some great shots of Ricky staring Allen down late in the game when JT had them mistakenly stop attacking.

Fun game, both superstars didn't play particularly well but a title bout of a game nonetheless. And Kirk King? What can you say, almost singlehandedly!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Nadav was an awesome passer but he wasn't a guard.

A mere technicality. He was basically a point forward. But back in the early 90s colleges didn't classify 6'7" ball handlers with exceptional court vision as anything but forwards because PGs had to be little guys. But Nadav frequently brought the ball up court and played the role of point.

When Marv Kessler was selling Henefeld to JC, he called Nadav, "The Larry Bird of Israel." His 138 steals as a frosh might still be the NCAA record. True forwards don't do that.

Reaction Score
A mere technicality. He was basically a point forward. But back in the early 90s colleges didn't classify 6'7" ball handlers with exceptional court vision as anything but forwards because PGs had to be little guys. But Nadav frequently brought the ball up court and played the role of point.

When Marv Kessler was selling Henefeld to JC, he called Nadav, "The Larry Bird of Israel." His 138 steals as a frosh might still be the NCAA record. True forwards don't do that.

This ^ Nadav was so gifted with the fundamentals, the natural instincts it was incredible. Much like Sheffer always seeing the play well ahead from both the offensive side as well as the D side. He played around half court on their press and dared the other team to throw a pass that wasn't crisp because it was his, or Scotties. Fun to watch a guy less gifted athletically outthink the other teams.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
God, this makes me miss the Big East. Two superstars surrounded by profoundly talented teammates coached by two HOF coaches both in their prime, in a packed MSG (aka Gampel south.) ESPN totally effed us, but the effed the country as well. That was the greatest basketball conference of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom