My bad | The Boneyard

My bad

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Some incomprehensible play calls But played young as well.

ETA: That play the replay decided wasn’t targeting. Why wasn’t it at least unnecessary roughness?

Reaction Score
I only caught the 2nd half, and we regressed about a year. It was just bad football, bad playcalling, no discipline.

Should have seen the 1st half. We looked like a different team. Then it all went wrong. Refs started making calls that cost us and everything snowballed.

Reaction Score
Refs should get a bonus for that from the MAC. Never seen a more obvious and consequential highway robbery. I can't even begin to analyze our performance because the calls were so well timed to extinguish drives, put us in bad situations, and let their guys get away with holding, chop blocks, targeting. They were even gifted multiple first downs on bad spots. It took until the end but they won. Congrats refs.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Yes, refs definitely hurt UConn. But North-South running was working all first half. Then Charlton decided to run and pass East-West in 2nd. And some really stupid penalties in 2nd (Burns facemask, two ineligible downfields, unsportsmanlike conducts).

On one hand, it's a good time for a bye. OTOH, I don't think the players are going to really appreciate Mora's mood the next two weeks.

Reaction Score
When one team is allowed to hold and chop block on the line all game without being flagged for it and the other team is getting called for ineligible receivers, reversing a blatant targeting, calling a face mask on our running back, ejecting our player who was thrown to the ground and didn't even touch the other guy, reversing a long third down pass play on a non pass interference and an uncatchable ball it's hard to overcome...

We are a running team with no explosive plays in the pass game, refs made sure we were starting every drive on 1st and 15 or 1st and 25. I'm expecting Mora to lose it in the postgame and for Benedict to make some phone calls.

Reaction Score
Would’ve been better off punting on 1st down in 2nd half.

Reaction Score
When one team is allowed to hold and chop block on the line all game without being flagged for it and the other team is getting called for ineligible receivers, reversing a blatant targeting, calling a face mask on our running back, ejecting our player who was thrown to the ground and didn't even touch the other guy, reversing a long third down pass play on a non pass interference and an uncatchable ball it's hard to overcome...

We are a running team with no explosive plays in the pass game, refs made sure we were starting every drive on 1st and 15 or 1st and 25. I'm expecting Mora to lose it in the postgame and for Benedict to make some phone calls.
The crew has to be investigated. They need to make a giant stink about it. It's unquestionable that the game was influenced in favor of Ball State.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Aggressive and awesome first half offense. 2nd half was the exact opposite. Zion is not a very pocket passer, right now. He stopped running in the 2nd half. We took our foot off the gas, and it cost us the game. Should have won that game.

Reaction Score
Yes, refs definitely hurt UConn. But North-South running was working all first half. Then Charlton decided to run and pass East-West in 2nd. And some really stupid penalties in 2nd (Burns facemask, two ineligible downfields, unsportsmanlike conducts).

On one hand, it's a good time for a bye. OTOH, I don't think the players are going to really appreciate Mora's mood the next two weeks.
Neither will Charlton appreciate Mora’a mood in meetings.

Reaction Score
The crew has to be investigated. They need to make a giant stink about it. It's unquestionable that the game was influenced in favor of Ball State.
I never really factored in UConn being Independent causing them to have to defeat the other team and the refs but it seems to be very real. When you're on the road you kind of expect the home team to get the benefit of the doubt on a play or 2 but that wasn't on the up and up.

Reaction Score
I never really factored in UConn being Independent causing them to have to defeat the other team and the refs but it seems to be very real. When you're on the road you kind of expect the home team to get the benefit of the doubt on a play or 2 but that wasn't on the up and up.
The bigger problem, imo, is the game getting hidden on ESPN3. I bet there's a ton of match fixing going on, being hidden in games that no one cares about and aren't broadcast to the general public.

Reaction Score
Officiating was terrible. Couple key calls and no-calls didn't help a time when the offense decided to stay in the locker room at halftime.
Syracuse home refs did the same thing on the other side of the ball at the very end of the game against Purdue. Purdue took the lead and the refs immediately called 2 penalties worth 25 yards and made them kickoff at like the 10 to ensure Syracuse scored because of something they "said". Then, for UConn, they get the 4th and 4 and it's illegal man downfield. How convenient. It's like the ref saying you're going to have to knock the other team out to send the fans home unhappy because we're not giving you a decision. It's so obvious. At best, the refs aren't professional enough to put objectivity over their own personal feelings. At worst, they're on the take related to spread and over/under. Either way, they wouldn't do it if they had any shame. They just take their money and hope they don't get called out publicly, in which case they would turn full victim.
Refs should get a bonus for that from the MAC. Never seen a more obvious and consequential highway robbery. I can't even begin to analyze our performance because the calls were so well timed to extinguish drives, put us in bad situations, and let their guys get away with holding, chop blocks, targeting. They were even gifted multiple first downs on bad spots. It took until the end but they won. Congrats refs.
Seriously - these guys have NO SHAME. If they did, they wouldn't be able to live with themselves. They HATE the expectation of being objective, and will do WHATEVER they can get away with.

Reaction Score
No doubt. Everyone saw it today. EVERY key call went Ball States way. Refs should be called out publicly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom