Must win?? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Must win??

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Do we think DH will change the lineup and/or the plan? Or will he go all in on the original strategy? I kind of think he's got to change. Unless players got their attitudes adjusted.
attitude belongs to more than the players
it starts at the top and many felt the St John's post game presser didn't start the process well.
I am sure that DC, Hawk, AK, and maybe AJax won't be in need of an attitude adjustment.
We will see who else has a spark in their step.
We may be pleasantly surprised.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Random game? We've lost 4 of 5 we lose this we're looking at 4-6 in the Big East after X. What tournament are we a shoe in for at that point?
The one with 68 teams, that can change obviously if we keep losing, but we’re still safely in the tournament with a loss tonight. If we lose today the season isn’t over. “Must win” should only apply to games that end our season, or will held over our heads by rivals if we lose. Having a heart attack over losses in January is bad for your health, take a deep breath.

1999GoodSon

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Reaction Score
No. Expecting changes tonight. If there are, and we win, great. If there aren't and we snap back and win, also great. If there are positive changes but we don't get the W, it shows that they're working on things. But If there aren't lineup changes and we don't bounce back, then there's a problem. Then it becomes a yes in my mind. Let's go!

Reaction Score
No. There is nothing hinging on this game any more than any other game. You could have called Saturday's game a must win too.

There's no question that tonight's game is really important for the psyche of the team, and more importantly for the sanity of the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
I think they need to win this to gain back some confidence, but they don’t win if they don’t change their defense. If they can’t stop the penetrating guards, then go to the 2-3 zone. And enough with the high hedge!

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
My understanding is if a team loses a "Must" win game then something is lost for the season(Conf reg season title, Conf tourney title, NCAA tourney bid). None of that can happen tonight so I'm in the not must win camp.

Reaction Score
My point is that many of us were penciling in a 1- or 2-seed in the BET a couple weeks ago. Now we can win out and still not get a 1-seed.
at this point, as long as we finish top 3 to avoid the 4 v 5 matchup in the second round i'll be happy. this projects us as only 1 game out of that spot and 1 game out of 1st for that matter. i think there will be a couple upsets among the current top 4. marquette, pc, and creighton arent THAT good. xavier might be.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The Boneyard posters' consensus in this thread leans strongly to Yes, and I get why.

I strongly root for UConn to win every game, make every shot, get every loose ball, etc., so everything is a must and pretty much very little is a must at the same time.

But the thread is really just a distraction for understandably anxious fans. This cannot healthily be a question being posed to the players, nor can it be part of the team's preparation for tonight's game.

Reaction Score
The one with 68 teams, that can change obviously if we keep losing, but we’re still safely in the tournament with a loss tonight. If we lose today the season isn’t over. “Must win” should only apply to games that end our season, or will held over our heads by rivals if we lose. Having a heart attack over losses in January is bad for your health, take a deep breath.

Ok sure! It was must and it sailed away so is the field of 68 slowly. Not sure what you’re watching but no heart attack here it’s just not a good basketball team!

Reaction Score
Never have I seen such an epic-sucking slide from such a talented team. After all the Ollie years, and all the BS - and never missing a game, I thought this was it. But yeah, barring an amazing spark post Butler... I'm not sure what momentum is going to carry us deep into the later part of the season.

It kind of reminds me of that Trae Young Oklahoma team, except without anyone even remotely resembling Trae Young.

Reaction Score
Giants have a must win game on Saturday.

This UCONN team went from a feel good to a really bad in the matter of a couple weeks. Never seen anything like it.

Reaction Score
Giants have a must win game on Saturday.

This UCONN team went from a feel good to a really bad in the matter of a couple weeks. Never seen anything like it.

Giants are playing with house money hope that at least it’s a good game!

If they happen to spring the upset it would take away some of the pain of our huskies crapping themselves.

Reaction Score
at this point, as long as we finish top 3 to avoid the 4 v 5 matchup in the second round i'll be happy. this projects us as only 1 game out of that spot and 1 game out of 1st for that matter. i think there will be a couple upsets among the current top 4. marquette, pc, and creighton arent THAT good. xavier might be.
At this rate we’ll be lucky to make the BE tournament.

Reaction Score
Statement games were after losses 2,3,and 4. After the Hall, it’s a stop the accelerating deep dive at costs before the plane is unrecoverable

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Certainly in must not lose territory. But if I’m honest, squeaking out an ugly win over a meh Butler team at home isn’t going to give me any warm fuzzies. Need to really see them play much better.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Win or lose, I want to see something different from this staff and team
It cannot continue on idle as it has for some time.
If Newton steps out on the floor in the starting lineup I will lose my mind

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom