Must seize this moment... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Must seize this moment...

Reaction Score
All you want is a team and a coach in position with the talent and capability in this situation which we have but we have to have a good shooting night. No matter what we can bring defensive intensity and board domination into play just in case we don’t have that kind of shooting and be competitive in the game. Hurley talked about help defense on Timme but then we’re vulnerable on 3’s. Are they on or off? Example, Texas just shot nearly 60% from 3 to torch Xavier, nobody does that every game. Hurley seems pretty cool, collected and locked in as a coach right now. We can’t be in better hands but he doesn’t control everything on the court.
And you just want them to play well. If both teams play great and Gonzaga wins 92-89, you can live with. I just hate watching a good team play poorly.

Reaction Score
I am quite anxious about tonight and obviously would love to destroy Gonzaga.

But rationally, I don't think I could be THAT upset if we lost at this point. I came into this season saying Hurley NEEDS to win an NCAA tournament game. And that pressure was unbelievable. I know he felt it. I felt it.

Sweet 16 was, in my heart, the goal of the season, but Elite Eight was like my secret goal. A return to essentially elite status. Especially with a great recruiting class coming in.

I am emotionally attached to this team for sure and I want them to win it all, but I am really proud of this team and everything they've accomplished and nothing that happens after this moment is going to diminish that for me.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I am quite anxious about tonight and obviously would love to destroy Gonzaga.

But rationally, I don't think I could be THAT upset if we lost at this point. I came into this season saying Hurley NEEDS to win an NCAA tournament game. And that pressure was unbelievable. I know he felt it. I felt it.

Sweet 16 was, in my heart, the goal of the season, but Elite Eight was like my secret goal. A return to essentially elite status. Especially with a great recruiting class coming in.

I am emotionally attached to this team for sure and I want them to win it all, but I am really proud of this team and everything they've accomplished and nothing that happens after this moment is going to diminish that for me.
Screw that.

I want the W. We can count our moral victories in May.

Reaction Score
UConn has the best team left. Like JC told them, they should smell it now. Cut down the nets tomorrow and then again 2 Mondays from now.
Like I said, UConn has the best team left.. on to Houston

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom