Mugging DT: Some teams would do anything to win | The Boneyard

Mugging DT: Some teams would do anything to win

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
The pummeling that top UConn players like Stewie receive in games does remind one a bit of the DT Treatment that was meted out to Husky star Diana Taurasi more than a decade ago whenever she ventured into the paint. Teams will often try to use the whack-and-crack treatment to throw the Huskies off their game, slow them down when they drive to the basket, and leave them black and blue.

The most extreme example probably ever recorded on film came from back in 2002 when one player grabbed DT in a screaming headlock while another worked on her lower back with some kind of chop. Still leaves shudders in my spine, but at least we'll never see anything quite the same ever again. And thankfully DT survived the ordeal and went on to lead her team to two more titles as a junior and senior.

628x471.jpg

HGN

Reaction Score
They are not quite mugging Stewie, yet.........But they are making it a bumper car ride to venture into or across the lane.

Hang in there Stewie.....The bumps and bruises will heal. The black and blue marks will fade away. But the memory of winning a 3rd NC will last a Lifetime.

Reaction Score
I've heard the coach of those other players mugging DT openly admit that his players were cold blooded assassins. They just wanted to stop you into the ground when they were inside the lines on the court. Then he goes on to lament that his current team does not seem to have that instinct. Something needs to be done about that coach!!!!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I've heard the coach of those other players mugging DT openly admit that his players were cold blooded assassins. They just wanted to stop you into the ground when they were inside the lines on the court. Then he goes on to lament that his current team does not seem to have that instinct. Something needs to be done about that coach!!!!
Definitely, and never could figure that guy out. Always going around acting like DT was in his team's pocket and that "They have her," and her number whenever they played, even though everybody knew she was the best thing around. And he was always saying bad things about her like she doesn't think, she doesn't play defense, she's an idiot and not good enough to wear no. 1 for a team, and needling her by calling her names like Eddie and Sue.

Just bad bad stuff, and so good she doesn't have to deal with it anymore.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Remember when Geno called his team soft? :)

And when the manhandled Kelly Mazzante?

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Remember when Geno called his team soft? :)

And when the manhandled Kelly Mazzante?
Or when he used the "We're too young. We're too inexperienced" line deep in the games against UTenn in 2003 and DT and crew decided to "shut him up." He knows how to get under the skin, and the players have to have thick hides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom