Muffet McGraw gets grilled on NPR's 'Wait, wait - don't tell me!' | The Boneyard

Muffet McGraw gets grilled on NPR's 'Wait, wait - don't tell me!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
She's quite likeable. I've spoken to her on many occasions and have enjoyed each one...

Reaction Score
I ain't about to lie, Muffet is very likeable. This moment just adds to her likability meter.

Reaction Score
2013 big east awards just sat because didn't think Stewie deserved an award over her player.

Don't think likeable is in my vocabulary for McGraw

Reaction Score
I happen to think this whole Muffet vs. Geno thing is a media concoction to replace the authentic Pat vs. Geno rivalry that is gone. I've always liked Muffet and see no fundamental change other than in recent years ND having been more challenging to the Huskies. If THAT bothers Husky fans...

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Does any1 know how Muffett got the name Muffett? Don't recall ever hearing the story. I believe she was given the name Ann when born.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
MM certainly has the PG role down. Bossy and dropping the elbow like a hammer, that's MoJeff for sure. And I guess "Alouette" was what the band was playing when UConn played Louisville the last dozen or so times.

As to origins of "Muffet," apparently a nickname cooked up by a relative and bandied about in the family until it becomes established as the real thing. Happens in Irish families, and others too, as I believe Mookie Wilson of Mets fame got his name the same way. This is why we often hate our relatives.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I loved this interview. "Wait, Wait" may be the finniest show on radio (now that Car Talk is reruns), and this was a wonderful interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom