Much respect to Chantel Osahor | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Much respect to Chantel Osahor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Danielle Adams, anyone?

Danielle Adams was a better scorer and more versatile than Osahor. Osahor is a better passer and a more dominant rebounder. Both are big bodies with unexpectedly good skills and quickness.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
hopefully his crib doesnt get Tyler Phommachanh'd :oops:

Well, my son is 44 and I think potty trained and his kids are well beyond the crib, but there might be a few other nasty things Q might be up to.

Reaction Score
Interesting. To me Osahor is a very good player inhibited by her talent. She has no wish to be great. She's lost 70 pounds (!) since she's been at WU yet could lose another good 40 or 50. She clearly does nothing to improve her stamina, nothing to push herself. During the season I'd frequently see her teammates playing 4 on 5 since she'd deemed it too strenuous to get back on defense. "

I think the injuries and ailments she's sustained have dramatically reduced her ability to train, which is an important component for an athlete trying to improve their physical ability. She's basically walking wounded. A lot of players would have quit the sport if they had to deal with the series of physical setbacks she suffered. That she continues to play (and play well) tells me she does have the desire to be great.

For all of that, I do hope she can continue losing weight. Less weight will mean less stress on her joints, which would help her endure more exertion on them.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
How will Syracuse handle Chantel? If they play their usual Zone, she'll score at will.

Reaction Score
You know how easy it would be to make fun o the kid. She's big, she shoots flat footed, she needs all four of her teammates on the floor to help her up...and she would still make any team better with her inclusion on the roster. She has done her damn thing throughout ALL regional bracket play, helping her team to the Final Four along the way. She's a force from distance, in the post, and on the glass, and she and Plum are the reasons U-Dub deserves to go to Indy.

Way to go Chantel! Unless you're playing the *other* Huskies, I'll be rooting for you!
Chantel was amazing!! As big as she is she shoot the three as no one has before--accurate with a style all her own. She took out MD's Jones just by being big--but the kid has GAME and is a force -question is how do you take her out ??? There is only one HUSKIES--Chantel plays for the "OTHER".

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Then the question becomes how will Uconn handle Chantel--they didn't do well against MD's Jones!!
Run!
I was surprised that Stanford didn't run more, but Uconn will run and get to play five on four offense for the first ten seconds of each possession. Washington often had a guard holding the fort on defense in the lane until Osahor could arrive and take over - Stewart/Tuck/Samuelson/Williams will eat that up.
The interesting thing with her game is usually you can 'take the legs' away from a three point shooter by making them work hard on defense chasing an offensive player or just wearing them down over 40 minutes. With a three point set shot that uses absolutely no lower body, it really doesn't affect the shot.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Many years ago, I listened to the Knicks on the radio (probably the 1960s). Can't remember the announcer's name, but he used to make every outside shot sound like the player had thrown a line drive into the basket. I think the term he used for the ball going in was "Swoosh." Watching Chantel Osahur's flat-footed "line-drive" shots from beyond the 3 point line, really reminded me of that announcer and those calls.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I just can't see how she would get a shot off if we play them. Can you imagine Stewie letting her take a flat footed uncontested three? Plus, we would run her up and down the court. Gotta beat Texas first though.
And Baylor or Oregon State.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer