MSG | The Boneyard

MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Today's PSU v. Michigan attendance : 12,108

Still waiting on the hockey numbers.

UCONN v. Maryland 12/8/15 : 19,812
I was going to take the time to go back and track the attendance, but stopped at UConn v. Duke at Izod center with 16, 541

I just hope, that the next time, and every time after, that somebody from any one of the PEEE FIVE conferences talks about New York City and the northeast market, that they say:

"Before I talk about how we're progressing and excited to be in the New York City, and the northeast region I just want to apologize to the alumni, students, fans, and administrators of UCONN that I'm going to say this, but -----"

Reaction Score
Ass noted just elsewhere, uconn maryland in december was a tuesday night game st 9:30pm.

Early season. Non-conference.

Uconn womens hoops had a game just a couple weeks ago at MSG.

I hope that our new AD, whoever it is, gets hockey scheduled at MSG.

I bet we outdraw.

These people that vote about conference structure and affiliation about media markers have got to stop being so dumb.

Its incredibly annoying.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The Michigan vs Penn St hockey game reported 13,479

BU vs Cornell on Nov. 28 reported 17,154
Harvard vs QU on Jan. 9 reported 12,016

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Any mention of "Super Saturday" is complete rubbish without UConn's inclusion. MSG is UConn South. It makes me want to bang my head against the wall when others try to claim otherwise.

Reaction Score
Any mention of "Super Saturday" is complete rubbish without UConn's inclusion. MSG is UConn South. It makes me want to bang my head against the wall when others try to claim otherwise.

Im with you dude. Watching thst clip of Delany last night talking about NYC made me want to smack him on his bald head like Benny Hill, and taunt him like Monty Python.

Reaction Score
The Michigan vs Penn St hockey game reported 13,479

BU vs Cornell on Nov. 28 reported 17,154
Harvard vs QU on Jan. 9 reported 12,016
Can't remember who it was that I opted to bet my BU diploma that BU-Cornell would outsell both PSU-UM and HU-QU at MSG, but to that guy - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Let's see where those two games are when they're in their fifth iteration. Likely back on campus.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
While our ability to fill MSG better than any other program is nice. I'd be careful that a few extra thousand in the stands mean a whole lot to the CR crowd.

The argument that it allows alternating yearly trips to the NYC market (UCONN and RU) for most of the B1G teams is the best argument outside of TV ratings for the BTN and the premium that could be charged for the BTN on CT systems.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
While our ability to fill MSG better than any other program is nice. I'd be careful that a few extra thousand in the stands mean a whole lot to the CR crowd.

The argument that it allows alternating yearly trips to the NYC market (UCONN and RU) for most of the B1G teams is the best argument outside of TV ratings for the BTN and the premium that could be charged for the BTN on CT systems.
Agree, but it's not just the ticket sales. It's a difference in energy that Delaney has witnessed first hand. That makes it a better product which in turn raises the value of the event with advertisers (BTN) or rights purchasers (ESPN/FOX.) It isn't everything, but it isn't nothing either.

Reaction Score
I'd argue the only things that matter in CR are cable boxes and football. That's pretty much it. Everything else is just noise.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Agree, but it's not just the ticket sales. It's a difference in energy that Delaney has witnessed first hand. That makes it a better product which in turn raises the value of the event with advertisers (BTN) or rights purchasers (ESPN/FOX.) It isn't everything, but it isn't nothing either.

I agree a UConn tournament game at MSG is the closest thing we have to a big time atmosphere. I have a feeling that packing the place with B1g fans from all the big alumni bases wouldn't embarrass the B1G. It can't ever match the spectacle that was the BET, but is it close enough to justify not expanding? I'm afraid it might be.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Actually, looks like at least 3,784 do...

This is about your avatar. I googled "LSU body paint" and got
lsu-hottie-big.jpg

I googled "UCONN body paint" and got
920x920.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads