Mr. Manuel - Know your customer! | The Boneyard

Mr. Manuel - Know your customer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great day yesterday except for one thing. I could not get ahold of a program until after the first quarter.

This one is simple. The folks who attend the spring game are avid fans. They are season ticket holders and family and friends of the program. They are the most serious and informed of the fanbase. You attend this event to get an inside look at the team and players. Without a program, you are at a serious disadvantage in doing your assessment. Nothing fancy. Couple black and white pages will do.

I had just cut my check for season tickets and donations, and was sitting there stewing because I couldn't follow who the players were in the first quarter. I was not a happy camper.....

Reaction Score
I'm sorry, I can't help laughing at this....if there were ever a better post giving light to the saying "finding a gray cloud on a sunny day"

If this was the biggest problem from yesterday I would call it a success

Reaction Score
I also wasn't able to find a program, but the guy in front of me opened his frequently enough that I was able to answer all my questions eventually. I'm just going to assume that they had more attendance than they expected which led to them running out of programs early.

Reaction Score
Great day yesterday except for one thing. I could not get ahold of a program until after the first quarter.

This one is simple. The folks who attend the spring game are avid fans. They are season ticket holders and family and friends of the program. They are the most serious and informed of the fanbase. You attend this event to get an inside look at the team and players. Without a program, you are at a serious disadvantage in doing your assessment. Nothing fancy. Couple black and white pages will do.

I had just cut my check for season tickets and donations, and was sitting there stewing because I couldn't follow who the players were in the first quarter. I was not a happy camper.....
Isn't that Indo available on the SI website. (Just busting on ya)

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
They were still available along with pocket schedules at kickoff near the sunkin donuts truck and fanferst in the endzone.

Too bad Uconn didn't have a marketing rep. handing them out at each gate.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry, I can't help laughing at this....if there were ever a better post giving light to the saying "finding a gray cloud on a sunny day"

If this was the biggest problem from yesterday I would call it a success

Well, I am the customer, and it was a big deal to me as it was to others. Plenty of other things I can do with my time and other places to spend my money.

Reaction Score
Email him w/ your suggestions to improve the Spring Game fan experience. From people I've spoken to who have met him, they all have said he is very engaging, approachable, and wants to hear from former players, alumni, fans, etc...

Reaction Score
I got a roster after the game from the gate attendant. The gate exit in the corner where the team comes out. One of the guys in our group went to get a roster, but I think he only tried one gate and they where out.

Reaction Score
While you are at it, can you ask him to hire a proofreader for the website and media guides (idk if I should call for Enright's resignation) because if you look at all the mistakes, it is unprofessional and sloppy? There was something on the website yesterday about Ryan Wirth having a great "offensive performance" with 4 sacks. Really, Enright? Hire a gosh dang English/communications/journalism major as a work study helper and you would be getting better quality coming out of the media and communications office.

I don't think anyone could anticipate the number of people that showed up yesterday based on years past. It was a problem, but think about the fact that throughout the season, the university prints all of those color game programs and they do it with little to no cost. I can forgive them for not anticipating the attendance numbers and I think they will take this experience forward to meet the demand.

I hope the program and university do some more community outreach to connect with local veteran groups, boy scouts, high school teams, boys and girls clubs, and other civic organizations. I also would love to see more football alumni on hand. Having some of our greats on the sideline interacting with fans or being part of the festivities. I liked seeing Manuel down on the field, but I think come fall, he would make a lot of students and fans happy if he came around, shook some more hands and got some feedback on the game day experience he is creating. I'm excited what he has cooking for new traditions or building on established ones.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It took almost no time for my son and me to find them (along with the mentioned pocket schedules) when we circled the stadium after entering (some 50 minutes before the game began).

I've been to all but one of these (that they've held at the Rent) and although they seldom hand them out at the same place, I've always been able to find the programs well before game time.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It would have been a nice touch if they personally delivered programs to everyone in their seats.

Reaction Score

If that has you upset these days, that God bless you.

Walk up to the other 4000 people that had them and say "Excuse me, but where did you get the program?

There was a stack of hundreds of them at the COOP table.

Reaction Score
More programs were going to be delivered twenty minutes after you arrived. Sorry you missed out. I think I gave jimmy the last of them.

Reaction Score
Chalk me up as one of those who was extremely pissed off throughout the first quarter walking to all 4 gates trying to find a program while also trying to watch the game. It's ridiculous that they didnt have more than enough programs on a little table at all 4 gates before the game. The only positive during the whole 1st quarter program debacle was that I was missing McEntee and not Whitmer. Like what one of the other guys said, its the one thing everyone who comes to a spring game needs in their hand when they walk through the gate. I bet out of the 124 D1 programs we are the only program who didn't have people handing them out at every gate. Sorry about the rant but you shouldn't have to ask 20 different people like I did.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I didn't get a program when I walked in. I found one. Never once thought it was a big deal. It's not like it's a bad idea to hand em out to all comers on the way in... but extremely pissed because of it on such a perfect day yesterday strikes me as odd.

Reaction Score
A non revenue event and they still want more! One circle of the small stadium will get you what you needed. Two Huskie tents behind the jumbo screen were giving out poster size schedules for baseball, softball,football and others along with programs. This over an hour and a half before the game.
For the lazy all you had to do is look around, they were blowing all over the place.
How hard is it to punch up a roster and print before you go to a free event? Mine matched theirs to a tee.
I beg the winers here to stop. Others are watching and you make our fans sound like ...I'll leave it at winers....

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Sounds like a spoiled child to me. Sitting and stewing, embarrasing.

Reaction Score
Sounds like a spoiled child to me. Sitting and stewing, embarrasing.

Really? Personal insults because I think there should be an ample number of programs for attendees to that event? I'm childish?

Reaction Score
It appears the programs were made, hence not the AD fault. Sounds like someone working that day dropped the ball

Reaction Score
It appears the programs were made, hence not the AD fault. Sounds like someone working that day dropped the ball

I agree..I had to work until 12 pm so i got there just at game time and they didn't have one at the gate I entered. I didn't have one in hand until halftime. I wasn't thrilled about that either. Can't be difficult to have someone at each gate with a box of programs. And they definitely should have been able to predict a larger than normal crowd with the nice weather. Not a major issue but definitely an inconvenience.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Really? Personal insults because I think there should be an ample number of programs for attendees to that event? I'm childish?

Programs were available. If you looked or asked instead of sitting and stewing you would have had one.

What probably happened is that they remember last year when boxes of programs were left unattended at every entrance and after a while most of them started blowing away. The choice was to pay someone to just hold programs of have them at a central location. They chose the latter. Perhaps next year they will have a sandwich board at each entrance directing those less self-motivated where to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom