Most Likely Scenario... | The Boneyard

Most Likely Scenario...

Scenarios

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1. The Texas Longhorns drop the Longhorn Network and the Big 12 dysfunction stops. Then, UCONN (us) and Cincy (or insert Florida school) are added to the Big 12. (This is the one I am hoping for.)

2. The Longhorns are stubborn and don't drop the network. Oklahoma leaves the Big 12 for the B1G and takes a former Big 12 school with it to the B1G. Notre Dame joins the ACC as a full member and brings the Longhorns as its partner. Then the SEC and Pac-12 raid some of the former Big 12 Schools and other unlucky schools join a non-power conference.

3. Same scenario as #2, except the AAC also raids some former Big 12 schools and the AAC is upgraded to a Power conference to replace the Big 12.

4. UCONN and Cincy join the B1G as expansion teams.

Which scenario do you think is the most likely? Not which one you would prefer the most, but most likely to happen.

As for which one I would like to happen the most, definitely 1 or 4. 3 would be nice also, but not as good as 1 and 4 IMO. 2 would just be a trainwreck IMO.

Reaction Score
At this point #1 seems most likely but I don't think UConn is option A over Cincy for B12 expansion. There seems to be broad support from every direction that Cincy is a no brainer as a good football team in a good market with great recruiting grounds. I'd say we are in a dog fight for position 2 with Houston. That speculation is based on the fact that Houston seems pretty confident and that there is really no reason for them to be in play unless they have insider knowledge and political support.

The person who mentioned that the ACC should add Houston is brilliant. That is thinking outside the box. Still, the ACC should add UConn before any other program. They are short on markets and market domination. UConn provides a great, captive market. The only reason we aren't getting in the ACC right now is that they must know it won't help them get a network. They are too far behind and it is likely hopeless.

Reaction Score
#5 the cartel circles the wagons and does what it can to ensure all its important parts survive and UCONN gets kicked in the nuts.

Sorry, but this morning that is the most likely scenario to me.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm assuming that #1 involves a major payout/buyout to Texas for the LHN.

#3 is impossible. The leftovers in any Big XII would still raid the AAC, not the other way around. That would allow them to dump Tulsa, Tulane, ECU and other undesirables.

#4 Cinci is an impossibility for the B1G. They don't have the profile and the B1G already owns that market.

Reaction Score
If the goal is to add a B12 network then I think scenario number 1 would more likely include BYU and UConn then Cincy. BYU adds more content and is a much stronger brand than Cincy. I'm starting to warm up to the idea of BYU/UConn to the Big 12. Of course if the B12 implodes I'm more than happy to partner up with Boren and Oklahoma and find a great home in the B1G.

Reaction Score
Just saying, if we get screwed again by not getting into a Power conference, I am going to go insane. At least when Syracuse and Pitt left for the ACC there were still conferences expanding. But after this round, I think expansion is done for a while.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Just saying, if we get screwed again by not getting into a Power conference, I am going to go insane. At least when Syracuse and Pitt left for the ACC there were still conferences expanding. But after this round, I think expansion is done for a while.

Only then will you go insane? God bless you. I've been seeing a shrink since November 2012.

Reaction Score
unless the B1G is sure they are going to get Okie or Texas or Kansas or any combo no matter what. I see no scenario where they let the Big12 into the NY market. AT the end of the day I think it's UConn Virginia to the B1G or UConn and a Big12 team to the B1G, barring that the other possibility is anyone but UConn to the Big12

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
ND gets an offer they can't refuse to join the ACC and Texas comes along with.

Immediately thereafter, Oklahoma and Kansas get invites to the B1G.

Needing three immediate replacements, the B12 taps UConn, Cincy and USF.

The B1G, ACC, Pac12 and SEC immediately convene with ESPN to enforce Rule #1 and the P4 becomes reality.

Reaction Score
unless the B1G is sure they are going to get Okie or Texas or Kansas or any combo no matter what. I see no scenario where they let the Big12 into the NY market. AT the end of the day I think it's UConn Virginia to the B1G or UConn and a Big12 team to the B1G, barring that the other possibility is anyone but UConn to the Big12
your watching...CLOSELY....WINNER...CHICKEN DINNER

Reaction Score
ND gets an offer they can't refuse to join the ACC and Texas comes along with.

Immediately thereafter, Oklahoma and Kansas get invites to the B1G.

Needing three immediate replacements, the B12 taps UConn, Cincy and USF.

The B1G, ACC, Pac12 and SEC immediately convene with ESPN to enforce Rule #1 and the P4 becomes reality.
sadly this (or something very similar) is probably what will end up happening

Reaction Score
The development of a B12 network will not alter the nature of the B12. There is an inherent hierarchy in the B12, which is absent in the B1G and SEC. Texas will continue to take a disproportionate amount of revenue compared to other member schools. By any other name it will still be the LHN.

Reaction Score
Either Big 12 or Big 10 with a Virginia school, at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom