Moriah Jefferson | The Boneyard

Moriah Jefferson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You'd expect a player like Moriah to try and do too much simply because she knows she has the elite level speed, flare and athleticism to "wow" you. Rather she's becoming the steady PG her team needs. Good for her.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
But I really think she will lose her starting job by the middle of the season and am really surprised Geno has been starting her up to this point!!!:cool::rolleyes:
Just remember a few preseason threads where that opinion was expressed and thought I would reprise it here.
Mo had a great game tonight, but what is really nice is that she just did what she has been doing all year and it was exactly what I expected tonight. She has had one bad game out of 11 so far this year. Great harrying defender, good rebounder, blazingly fast when she wants but almost never out of control. Great A/TO ratio while making some great passes. I guess there was a reason she was so highly rated coming out of HS.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Jumped cleanly in front of the Duke player and out-muscled her for the ball while getting obviously and, in the end, intentionally fouled (no call). Didn't that end up being a 3 by Stef? All's well that ends well.
Just as well to forget she was rebounding her own terrible shot that was more a pass to herself off the backboard!:) And yes it led to Stef's three.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
She is fast becoming a spark plug on this team and maybe even the "heart" of this team. She gets them going-great distributor. Hustles for loose balls and rebounds like Farris!

Reactions: HGN

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I was hoping there would be a thread about Jefferson. I agree with Geno, she had one of her best games as a Husky. She has definitely taken the keys to the Maserati and she is not giving them back. I think I enjoyed her game even more than KML's or Stewart's last night.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
She's relentless. Many times you see players being relentless to make-up for being less skilled. When you see a skilled player playing relentlessly you see a game like last night. Duke made that 1st half run when she was sitting.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I loved that little running floater she had in the lane early on - she drove from the right side and used the left hand on that one. Allowed her extra space to to stretch and avoid the defender. It was the proper hand to use, just as the right hand would be proper from the left side when the defender is below you in the lane.

Just a little detail that showed that the right-handed MoJeff has great use of the off hand, even on a *touch* shot like that ..... impressive!

Reaction Score
She is fast becoming a spark plug on this team and maybe even the "heart" of this team. She gets them going-great distributor. Hustles for loose balls and rebounds like Farris!

Mo Jeff was credited with 3 rebounds last night. Because you were impressed with one of her rebounds does not mean she "rebounds like Faris". She will never rebound like Faris, not enough size nor strength to come close to what Faris did under the boards.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Just as well to forget she was rebounding her own terrible shot that was more a pass to herself off the backboard!:) And yes it led to Stef's three.

I agree, that was not one of her better shot selections, but it ended up as quite a play.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The real and important point in discussing that shot is Moriah didn't pause to sulk about the terrible shot but rather that she competed for the rebound and was key to the team retaining possession. Many players would have stopped at the missed shot licking their wounds or distracted by personal frustration.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Moriah has greatly improved and is a really good PG for us. I am very happy to have her for 2 MORE YEARS!

However, I hope that she can improve her 3 point shot as she hasn;t made even one that I have seen this year. a lot of good teams will give her that shot and double donw on our big people. She has to at least be a credible 3 point shooter to keep the defenders honest.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Check the box score Eddy. She was 1 for 3 last night. And 7 for 27 on the season with more being made recently.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Moriah was great. I know she is barely 5 ft. 5 but with her quickness, leaping ability, instincts and being able to shoot with both hands, she actually plays a little bigger, if that makes sense. She is becoming more confident in these big games and Geno hug last night proves it.

Reaction Score
I'm glad that everyone is noticing her. I posted a couple of months ago that she could be Uconn's greatest guard ever. I know that is saying a lot but she is only a sophomore. I remember watching Kemba as a sophomore and thinking the same thing. The only thing that could hurt that recognition is that she is playing on a team with incredible talent.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom