Moriah Jefferson: 87 assists, 30 TOs, 51.1% 3-point FG% | The Boneyard

Moriah Jefferson: 87 assists, 30 TOs, 51.1% 3-point FG%

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Is that good? Yeah, I'd say it is.

At the rate Mo is going, she'll have a 3:1 ATO ratio. Is that good? No, actually, it isn't...it's absolutely phenomenal.

Keep watching, WBCA; if you blink, you might miss one more thing Moriah does.

Reaction Score
Jefferson's overall play and stats since she came back from Christmas Break have been absolutely ridiculous. I would argue that she has been the best overall player in the country during that time span. Its amazing what a little home cooking and a goodnights sleep in your own bed will do huh?

Reaction Score

At the rate Mo is going, she'll have a 3:1 ATO ratio. Is that good? No, actually, it isn't...it's absolutely phenomenal.

Her drives and now her perimeter shooting bring us a new dimension. Soon teams will not be able to load up on Kaleena anymore.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I have lost track. Someone please bring me up to speed. MoJet has hit how many of her last how many 3s now?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I have lost track. Someone please bring me up to speed. MoJet has hit how many of her last how many 3s now?

Mo is 17 for her past 27 three-point shots from the DePaul game on (or after her forgettable Notre Dame game). That's 63%.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Thanks, Alex. I was thinking that it was even better than that. I did trace it back and she is 12 for her last 16. Remember early in the year when the nabobs were worrying abour her "offensive potential"? Har har harde har har!!

Reaction Score
For the last eight games, beginning with the first SMU game, MOJeff is 16 for 21 from 3 pt. land, 76%

Reaction Score
Best guard in America. Even if everyone else is enamored with the Jewelly-oop.

Reaction Score

What I find amazing is that after a great sophomore year, Moriah started off this regular season somewhat poorly, with more than a few wondering, what is wrong with Moriah???? After about four or five games, she's suddenly become so overtly brilliant in every facet, that it's hard to imagine she's the same player she was to open the season. It's like aliens who had hijacked Moriah for those first games and substituted an imposter, decided they didn't want her and switched her back after those early games. Her brilliance is so very apparent and if she continues like this and doesn't get AA honors and some serious consideration for the Player of the Year, then something is wrong.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
What I find amazing is that after a great sophomore year, Moriah started off this regular season somewhat poorly, with more than a few wondering, what is wrong with Moriah???? After about four or five games, she's suddenly become so overtly brilliant in every facet, that it's hard to imagine she's the same player she was to open the season. It's like aliens who had hijacked Moriah for those first games and substituted an imposter, decided they didn't want her and switched her back after those early games. Her brilliance is so very apparent and if she continues like this and doesn't get AA honors and some serious consideration for the Player of the Year, then something is wrong.
Every year it takes a while for a team to discover its identity. I think Moriah and Breanna both struggled a bit learning how to play with the new cast and KML also had a few struggles. Teams are dynamic things and each year is a new process of building toward the NCAAs. Integrating Morgan and Kia does not happen over night.

Reaction Score
Who would have thought the #2 ranked player in her class would do so well in college? She is a tremendous talent overshadowed by her own teammate Stewart.

Reaction Score
Who would have thought the #2 ranked player in her class would do so well in college? She is a tremendous talent overshadowed by her own teammate Stewart.

That is no longer the case. I think she is the best player at the moment. I have seen her many times giving up an easy basket under the basket to make an extra pass for an even easier one to a taller teammate. As good as it gets.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can you imagine Muffy's public tantrum if Mo gets picked for any award over Ms. Jewel.
I think you're suggesting another snub the way Muppet did with Stewie at the FF last year? Classless to say the least and what a poor role model for her players. Other teams may dislike Geno for some of his smart a** remarks, but he'd never disrespect another player.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I think you're suggesting another snub the way Muppet did with Stewie at the FF last year? Classless to say the least and what a poor role model for her players. Other teams may dislike Geno for some of his smart a** remarks, but he'd never disrespect another player.

I always do that: Assuming the reader understands the basis for my argument w/o stating the foundation.
Got me in trouble in an English class in College…got an "F" for an excellent paper, the professor wouldn't accept my assumptions that everyone knows that…I had gone on from there.

But yes, I was referring to the Nationally televised snub of Stewie.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
During the last 5 games, MoJeff has committed only 2 turnovers while ordering up 32 dishes, a 16:1 A\TO margin. What would hurt her in national rating polls at this point is that she doesn't rate that highly in the national rankings in any stat except A\TO, where at 2.90 she is 9th. She is also 39th in assists and 63rd in steals. Stewie is also not rated that highly in any category, but she is among the top 100 in 6 categories. Among other Huskies, Kiah is 2nd in blocks per game, KML is 3rd in 3-pt FG% and 9th in 3pt FGs per game, and Morgan is 9th in FG%.

The good thing is that at the rate she's going, MoJeff will soon be at the top in one category and entering the listings in a few others.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Who are the leading contenders for the Lieberman Award for top PG? MoJett is dominating games with just 6 shot attempts. Amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom