Moriah IS a Finalist for Nancy Lieberman Award | The Boneyard

Moriah IS a Finalist for Nancy Lieberman Award

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Congrats to Moriah. In a way I can't fault the "committee" regarding the Staley award, since it seems that award is for the best 2G in the nation. I think it's logical that Mitchell is on both lists as she's THE player who has the ball in her hands, and she scores a ridiculous amount of points, and she's easily the NFOY (unless you live in the woods and only pay attention to the "published" hype of the "other" players in the NPOY race)...

HGN

Reaction Score
Congrats for making the Finalist List Moriah.........Win , lose , or draw you are still The Best. Good Luck the rest of the Tournament.

Reaction Score
I saw a guard on a men's team try the move Moriah makes. She is much better. It gives an appreciation of the patience, control, and ball handling Mo displays. The guy fumbled the handle and rushed the pull back. She is playing so well these days.

Reaction Score
That is a list of some great point guards. I like her chances. :)

Reaction Score
Again, I think Johnson is Moriah's main competition, with Logic as a dark horse.
Mitchell is too young. Yes, she scores a ton of points, but as a point guard,when I've
seen her, she sometimes can be out of control (as freshmen sometimes are). Allen
is a nice player, but not in Mo's class.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Where do we vote??? Ready with lots of time & energy, I am!!!!

Reaction Score
ITT: I learned that Mo actually has competition for best PG. Not that I believe it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
On Moriah, I will defer to 2 experts.

Jose Fernandez says she is the UConn MVP. I would think that the MVP of the nation's unanimous #1 team is deserving of a top award.

Sue Bird, the best PG in the world, is asking when MoJett graduates, because she doesn't want to play against her in the WNBA. No one, not even Geno, knows the role of PG better than Sue. Sue won the first THREE Lieberman Awards. Dee won the next two. Later on, Renee won one. The Lieberman belongs in Storrs. That 5'7" dynamo takes over games like no one else anywhere near her size. She's the new best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom