Moriah - ESPNW Player of the Week | The Boneyard

Moriah - ESPNW Player of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Caption under her pix: Moriah Jefferson had 16 points and six assists in UConn's upset of No. 1 South Carolina. Surely they jest! 'Course, they are the SEC Network.

Reaction Score
Caption under her pix: Moriah Jefferson had 16 points and six assists in UConn's upset of No. 1 South Carolina. Surely they jest! 'Course, they are the SEC Network.
C'mon, Rocky, they pulled it out by only 25. :cool:

HGN

Reaction Score
Mo deserves it....Hopefully this honor will give her a big boost in winning the Liebermann Award as the best point guard.

Reaction Score
Spitfire well deserved .......love her game ....I was told her aunt and mom also played basketball.....no wonder she's good

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Mo deserves it....Hopefully this honor will give her a big boost in winning the Liebermann Award as the best point guard.
Issue there might be is that since MoJeff gets taken out of games early, she doesn't have a high ranking (only #58) on that key assist per game stat, and another strong candidate Niya Johnson of Baylor is #1 in assists and #2 in A\TO ratio, where MoJeff is 6th. Those voters who look mainly at stats might give more weight there. Iowa's Samantha Logic (#4 in assists) and Cal's Brittany Boyd (#5) also will be strong contenders. Both MoJeff and Boyd made the cut from the 22 Watch list to the final 5 candidates list last year in mid March when Sims won, so that might give them both some advantage over Johnson and Logic. Or maybe not.

Reaction Score
After watching Brittany Boyd last night we don't have to worry about her being a contender. She was 3-12, 2-8 on FT and committed 8 turnovers. She was horrible. I re-watched the SC game and I was amazed how good Mo was. Kind of takes your breath away.

Reaction Score
Moriah "the wind" Jefferson, blowing up a storm for March.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Niya Johnson is putting up huge numbers. She had about 30 assists in the past 2 games. But I'd take Moriah over every guard in the country, including even Jewell.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Who was that impostor wearing #4 until mid-December? Since Christmas, no one in the country has been better.

Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/womens-college-b...eek?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Richly deserved.

Earlier in the year, I thought, Moriah may not make any All American teams even though she should. Now with her play and publicity, she's got a great chance to make All American.
I am surprised this was even a question. The MO-JETT-A-VATOR was an obvious choice way before the buzzer sounded on this game. Followed it up with another good show in a conference game....GO MO .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom